Saturday, July 21, 2007

So Angry, So Numb

I got tired of sitting in the dark, I wanted to see her, I needed to know what that bastard did before I went crazy. At first I got up and opened my door, letting the light from the hallway flood the room but the shadows over my bed didn't let me get a good look at her. I returned to my spot on the floor, I was afraid to get on my bed because I wasn't sure how badly she was hurt and I didn't want to be the one to hurt her more.

There are no words to describe the anger I felt towards Ken while I waited for Sara to wake up. It didn't make any sense to me why any man would hurt a woman like that. I wanted to hunt the bastard down and kill him! Thankfully I didn't have any idea where he lived so I just waited for her to wake.

My mom came up a couple times to see how she was doing, she seemed really upset that there was nothing she could do to help; my mom always felt she had to help. She was supposed to go to the store to help dad yesterday but she told him she had to stay home, I heard her say that both Sara and I needed her at the moment. I expected my dad to tell her she was crazy but he told her it was ok, that he could manage the store by himself.

It was around noon when I posted yesterday and Sara hadn't woke up once since the moment I got home from work which was around 7:30; it would be another couple hours before she joined the land of the living.

I think I woke her by accident because I wanted to see her. When opening the door didn't help that much, I turned towards my nightstand and tapped my touch lamp on; the lowest setting gave me enough light to know that Ken was a fucking dead man!

The first thing I noticed when I turned back to the bed was Sara's pantie clad ass staring me right in the face but before I could enjoy the familiar tightening in my jeans, I saw the nasty black and purple bruises on her ass and thighs in a pattern that looked an awful lot like the imprint of fingers. How fucking hard do you have to grab someone to leave your fingerprints in bruises on their skin? Maybe it looked really horrible on Sara because she's so pale but fuck! And for some reason, the worst of the bruising seemed to be around her knees.

As much as I would normally have loved the view of her nearly naked ass, I couldn't look at it much longer, I dragged the covers over her and returned to my seat on the floor. I was shaking, what I saw really scared me, I wasn't sure I wanted to see what else the bastard did to her.

But I wouldn't have much choice, Sara seemed to be waking up. She managed to roll over onto her back despite the apparent pain she felt. When she lifted her hand to her face, I saw bruising on her wrist, bite marks on her bicep and something that looked like burns on the underside of her arm. "Owww!" My eyes jumped from her arm to her face as she cried out in pain when she rubbed her eye. She turned her head my way, when she saw me she started to cry. "Don't look at me!" She pulled the covers up over her face, hiding from me.

"Sara," I reached out and tried to tug the covers down but she wouldn't let me.

"No Tanner," she sobbed. "I don't want you to see me like this."

"Sara," I got up on my knees and leaned on the bed. "I've been sitting here ever since I got home from work; I've already seen you."

Slowly, she lowered the covers and I tried not to show any reaction. She gazed at me through eyes that were almost swollen shut, my first thought was, how the fuck did she manage to drive here? "It hurts Tanner," she tired to lift her left hand to her face but she couldn't. She gave me this defeated look, "It hurts so much, I just want to die."

"No!" I jumped off the floor and sat on the bed next to her. "I don't want to hear you talking like that! You can't let that bastard get away with this Sara, you have do something about this!"

"Why?" She turned away from me. "It's not going to change anything, it'll only make things worst."

"He has done this before?" I don't know why I was surprised.

She nodded, "But this time it was worst." She glanced at me, "It's my fault really, I disrespected him; I deserved it."

"You have got to be kidding me!" I snapped. "He beats the crap out of you and you think it's your fault? Sara!" I shook my head. "This isn't your fault! He has no right to ever touch you like this!"

"You don't understand Tanner," she turned away again. "Just leave me alone please, I shouldn't have come here." She cried out in pain again as she tried to push off the bed.

"Sara you need to go to the hospital."

"No," she shook her head. "I need to go home, it'll be fine Tanner." She tried again to get off the bed and once again she cried out.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I made my way around to the other side of the bed and knelt on down to look at her. "Sara you can barely move, you can't get out of bed and you think I'm going to let you just get in your car and go home? No fucking way! You came here for whatever reason and there is no way I'm letting you leave while you are like this; the only place you are going is to the hospital!"

"I don't want to go to the hospital!" She screamed at me. "I want to go home!"

"And what? Wait for Ken to come over and finish the job?"

"Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad idea."

"Sara!" I just stared at her as I felt this stabbing pain in my chest; I didn't know what I would do if she wasn't around. "Please don't say that," I lowered my head to the mattress. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you." For the first time in my life, I felt like crying. "Sara please," I turned my head towards her. "I'm begging you, let me take you to the hospital."

"I can't Tanner."

"Then let my mom take you, she's been pacing the floor downstairs since the moment you came here, she's really worried about you and she wants to help you. Please let her take you to the hospital if you don't want me to go with you."

It took a little convincing on both my mom's and my part to get Sara to agree to go to the hospital. My mom helped her get dressed in a pair of my sweats and then I helped Sara down the stairs and out to the car when she was unable to get her shoes on both feet because her left ankle was swollen twice it's normal size.

As I watched my mom drive away with Sara slumped over in the back seat, I wished that I could have gone with them. I turned to walk back into my house when I spotted Claire standing in her yard watching me.

"Was that Sara?" She asked me.

"You didn't see anything!" I snapped at her and stomped back into the house to wait.

And it seemed like forever before I heard from mom or Sara again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry made me want to cry. Please, please please let sara go to the police.

Anonymous said...

Is this a true account or are you writing a story?

Anonymous said...

It sounds more like a story... but I guess anything is possible... it just seems to perfectly written.

Anonymous said...

I think that Claire is gonna alert Ken (since he's probably slept with her too), and there's gonna be a serious confrontation... =/

Anonymous said...

Wow, OMG. I leave for the weekend and have missed so much. Oh i feel so bad for Sara. I hope that everything is okay and that she reported what happened to the police. Can't wait to hear what else happened. Oh that Claire is BAD NEWS!

Chris

Carmel Beauty said...

I am crying I am such a crybaby but that was just awful I can't even imagine please please please just continue to try to help her tanner she really needs you

Anonymous said...

anyone looking to view other blogs go to : ishouldbeworkingbutwhywhenicanblog.blogspot.com