Saturday, July 7, 2007

Making A Date?

Thursday I was off in my own little world as I worked my way through the mountain of skids that was pets. I didn't notice I was being watched nor did I hear my name being called repeatedly.

"Tanner!" I jumped, spinning around to see Sara laughing at me. "Finally!" She came closer to me, "I've been trying to get your attention for a while now!"

"Sorry," I mumbled and continued to work on the bags of dog food I had in front of me. "What did you want?"

She didn't answer me right away, when I glanced at her she was frowning as she studied me. "What is wrong? You don't seem like your self." I tried to tell her that everything was fine but she didn't believe me. "Come on Tanner, if there's something bothering you, you know you can talk to me right?"

I grabbed an 18kg bag of dog food and tossed it in it's home before I stood up to look at her again. "Now that you mention it, there is something bothering me."

"Oh?" She moved in even closer to me, she had to tilt her head back to look up at me. I can't even begin to tell you how hot it is to have a chick gazing up at you, even if there is a worried look on her face. I wanted to pick her up and place her on her back on the skid I was working on, I wanted to hear her moaning like the other night when I was massaging her shoulders. "Well are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

I coughed, half laughed as I turned from her, fuck I was horny.

"Tanner?" She didn't let up, her hand was now on my arm and she was right in front of me. If I lifted my hand, I could've felt her up without even trying. "What's bothering you?"

My eyes jumped to hers and I held them. "You," I told her without hesitation.

Sara rolled her eyes, "I'm not bothering you!" She crossed her arms over her chest and glared at me. "You were bothered before I come over here!"

I raised a brow, smiling as my eyes travelled down to her chest, she had this habit of always crossing her arms over her chest, pushing her tits upwards, I was starting to think she did it on purpose. "What can I say? You are very bothersome."

"Tanner!" She dropped her arms and smacked me in the chest. "I hate it when you do that!"

"Then stop teasing me," I watched her turn red, it was so cute.

"I don't mean too," she said softly, she wasn't looking at me anymore and I knew I crossed the line, she was really embarrassed.

"Hey now," my hands were on her shoulders as I tried to get her to look at me again. "I'm just playing with you," I caught her eye and gave her a smile. "Promise not to beat me up?"

"I guess not," she went to cross her arms again but stopped. "What were you really thinking about when I came over?"

I leaned back against the skid of dog food. "My ex emailed me this morning, she said she wanted to see me and she would be passing through this area Sunday morning."

"This is a bad thing?"

I shrugged, "I don't know she didn't give any indication of why she wanted to see me."

"Do you want to see her again?"

"Sara, I spent 4 years of my life with her. I would probably still be with her if I didn't make some really dumb choices and lost everything we had. The last time I saw her, she was throwing shit at me, screaming that if she ever saw me again, she would kill me." I chuckled, "So I'm a little weary about seeing her, I'm not sure I want to die yet."

"Do you have any idea what she would want now?"

I shook my head, "No I don't." She went on to ask me how long it was since I saw her and a few other questions and then she asked me one that I had been avoiding asking myself.

"Could she be having your baby?" I told her I hoped not and she seemed to get a little upset about that. "You don't want children?"

"At one time I would've welcomed the idea of children with her but now? Sara we aren't together, I don't have anything to offer her or any child and frankly, I'm not even sure I want to be tied to her like that."

Just when I thought Sara was going to be sympathetic, she surprised me. "Well by your recent behaviour, I would say you don't see to care who you might get 'tied' too." I didn't have a chance to reply, she spun around and left me there gawking after her.

And I didn't even know why she came over in the first place!

She wouldn't talk to me on first break, did I happen to mention that I fucking hate being ignored? God really? Fuck!

At lunch, I didn't give her a chance to even go to the staffroom, I was waiting for her by the time clock, once she punched out, I grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hallway to the training room. "We need to talk," I told her as I closed the door behind us.

"I don't want to talk," she went for the door but I grabbed her around the waist and held her back.

"I fucking hate it when you ignore me!" I snapped at her. "Yell, scream, throw things, I don't fucking care, just don't ignore me!" Up until that point she was struggling against me, and it was starting to get to me, if you know what I mean.

"Tanner please let me go," she sounded so weird as she grew stiff in my arms. "Please?"

I immediately released her and she spun around, glaring at me. "Who the hell do you think you are? How dare you grab me like that!" She came at me, punching me in the chest as she flipped out.

"Whoa," I grabbed her hands and held them against my chest. "Sara?" Her shoulders were shaking and soon I heard the sniffling. Fuck! "Sara?" I felt like crap as she lifted her tear streaked face towards me. "Oh Sara, I'm sorry." I tried to wipe the tears away but they kept coming. "Please don't cry, I might be tempted to join you," I was trying to make her stop and that helped get a chuckle from her.

We didn't speak as she tried to get herself under control. When she finally turned back to me, she asked me to never do that again. I promised her I wouldn't. Then I asked her why she came over earlier.

She laughed, "I wanted to know more about this party you mentioned."

"Oh!" I had completely forgotten about Luke's party. "It's at Luke's," I told her and she cringed. "I take it that means you don't want to go?"

She shook her head.

"Not even if I'm there?"

She gave me a smile but still shook her head. "I'm sorry Tanner."

"Fine," I sighed. "I'll sit at home on Friday, staring at the walls."

"Tanner," she shook her head again.

"Oh! I know! Maybe my parents will want to hang out with me." I smiled but then frowned, "But they like to be in bed by ten, so I guess it'll be an early night for me."

"I'm not going Tanner," she was smiling, so I knew it was ok.

"It'll be a fun night though, sitting between my parents on the couch watching reruns of TV shows that are older than me as they take turns snoring in my ear." She started to walk towards the door. "Oh! And I guess it's ok that they tend to lean towards the center when they fall asleep, I've always wanted to be close to my parents!" She walked out the door, shaking her head and I followed her. "I just hope they don't drool this time."

She spun around to face me and laughed, "Ok fine! I'll be there at 10." She held up her hand, pointing her finger at me. "Don't make me wait." She turned around again and headed off towards the staffroom.

"I'll be the one halfway down the highway waiting for you!" I called after her.

Last night, we didn't make it to Luke's.

6 comments:

bdave00 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh....i sense something kinky coming up.

Anonymous said...

Good cliffhanger! BUT it's not FAIR that you have such a good cliffhanger and then NOT POST the next day!! *pouts*

Anonymous said...

Tanner,
So just wondering how much of this blog is true?

Wow nice cliffhanger. Hope you post soon, dieing to know what happened. I am really liking this blog.

Chris

Vikki said...

Ooooooh!!! I can't wait to see what happens!! Great post!

Anonymous said...

pretty please, post today?!!!