Friday, July 13, 2007

I Can Be A Nice Guy!

Even though I hate it when it happens to me, I found myself sort of ignoring Sara the past couple nights although the amount of work we both had make it really easy. But last night she kind of cornered me. Ok, she just happened to come down to pets while I was working on a bulk food skid and I didn't notice her until I turned around to grab another bag and she was sitting on top of the skid. I knew she was completely innocent to the thoughts I had about taking her on a skid but it still threw me off just seeing her sitting there.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked without looking at me.

"No I'm not mad at you," I went over to stand next to her. "Why would you think that?"

Sara tilted her head and looked at me. "That's why," she said after a couple minutes.

"What?" I didn't know what she was talking about.

She looked downward and my eyes followed hers to where her arms were crossed over her chest. "You stopped being a pervert towards me ever since you found out about Ken."

"You told me you hated when I did it," I told her. "I was just respecting your request to not do it." She must've thought I was crazy if I didn't notice every time she did it still, god it killed me not to stare at her tits when she did it. Or her ass every time I happened to catch her bending over or walking in front of me.

"Forget about it," she muttered and moved to jump down from the skid.

"Wait a minute," I stepped in front of her, looking up at her. "What's going on in that head of yours Sara? Why does it bother you that I'm not perving on you?"

"You're a guy," she sighed, looking away from me. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me."

"It's not really about you," she told me.

Ouch! I tried to seem like I didn't care. "Sara!" I grabbed her shoulders and she looked at me. "Tell me what's going on with you, I can't be your friend if you don't talk to me." I can't sleep with you if you won't either! Well, I could but..focus Tanner, she needs you to listen, you remember what that is, right? "Come on tell me."

Sara looked down and I sighed. Leaned in close to her and said 'tell me' in a deep voice next to her ear. "Or should I say," I raised my voice so it sounded less manly, "Oh my god Sara you just have to tell me what's going on, I swear I'll die if you don't!"

"We don't talk like that!" She looked at me and laughed.

"No?" I asked in my normal voice. "Then I guess I better get my hearing checked because that's what you all sound like to me!"

"Tanner!" She slapped my arm while rolling her eyes at me. "Fine," she sighed. "I'll tell you."

"I'm waiting," I told as I still stood in front of her; her legs were on each side of my hips and if the situation were any different, I'd be in so much 'trouble'.

Sara mumbled something that I couldn't make out so I asked her what she said. "I said, I don't think that Ken wants me anymore," she tried to smile at me but it didn't work. "He barely pays any attention to me or spends any time alone with me. All he seems to want is to spend time with his friends. Oh but he does want me to be there," she paused. "He'll ignore me most of the time unless he gets really drunk, then he 'wants' me."

Fuck! She was right, I really don't want to hear this!

She gave a little laugh. "It's like he forgets I'm around until someone asks about me and I don't know what to do anymore."

Dump his sorry ass!

"We've been together for the last three years and I don't know if there's anything I can do to change what's happening. I tried to talk to him but he tells me that there's nothing wrong with us," she groaned. "How can he say that? We haven't had sober sex in over 6 months!"

Fuck!Fuck!FUCK! I don't want to hear this!

"Is there something wrong with me Tanner?" I just stared at her. "Well," she looked away. "I should go."

I moved back so she could get down, I wanted to say something to her to let her know that there wasn't anything wrong with her that it was her loser boyfriend who had the problems but I couldn't. I watched her walk away.

She ignored me for the rest of the night and I didn't blame her once, I asked her to tell me and when she did I didn't say anything? I got to be the stupidest fucking moron on the face of the earth!

During last break, I waited until she was out of infants and into the staffroom before I strolled through her department.

Grabbing a piece of cardboard from her cart, I pulled my marker out of my back pocket and wrote, "If you were anymore perfect, you would be this month's Playboy centerfold and I never would have gotten to hold you in my arms while you slept. Don't ever change."

I knew it sounded corny but I didn't care for once I was saying something because I meant it and I wanted her to be happy - not because I wanted her naked.

I didn't bother to go back to the staff room, I just went back to work.

Twenty minutes later I was engrossed in what I was doing, I turned from shoving an empty box into my garbage cart when someone came flying at me. "What the...?" I was knocked a little of balance as Sara's body crashed against mine. "Sara?" I tried to move her back from me but she held on tight.

"Thank you," she cried against my neck.

I wanted to say 'you're welcome' but I had bigger issues, her breath on my neck was sending the 'ok for launch' message to my cock!

Luckily she finally pulled away and looked a little embarrassed but happy.

God I hope she doesn't have 'sober sex' or any other kind of sex with Ken because of what I said.

5 comments:

bdave00 said...

I knew you could be a nice guy.

Anonymous said...

Great post. So how does it feel to be the nice guy? That was great what you did for her. She really needed to hear someone say something nice about her.

Great job.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Awwww...you actually used the REAL HEAD!!

Good for you!!

RJ

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Nicole

~Jocelyn~ said...

Just got caught up and love your blog... Keep it up...it looks like your speaking for more than just yourself in this blog.