Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Party Planning

Luke called me before I went to work last night, he wanted to let me know that he was having a party on Friday night so they weren't going out to the bar. "Ummm, you can...umm bring some one if you like."

"Someone?"

"Yeah umm....just don't bring Claire. If you show up with her, I'll have to drown you."

I laughed, "Was there someone in particular you wanted me to bring?" I knew the answer to that, I just wanted to rag on him.

"Now that you mentioned it, if Sara isn't busy..."

I told him I would think about it.

Last night when she was in the middle of putting out candle jars, I went over to her. "So there's this party on Friday, did you want to go?" I must have scared her because she dropped the jar that was in her hand and it shattered. "Sara are you ok?" She was standing in the middle of the shards of glass just staring at me.

Before she could answer, Billy came out of nowhere and asked if she was hurt. Slowly she turned to look at him and that seemed to pull her from the place she was in her head. She looked down at the glass. "Oh no!' She went to pick up the pieces but Billy stopped her, telling her they would call for maintenance to clean it up.

"So what happened?" He asked her as he glared at me. "Why are you over here?"

"Same reason you are?"

"Why don't you get back to work and leave Sara alone?" He stepped between Sara and me. "I'm sure you have more than enough to keep you busy."

I wanted to punch the little bastard out just for thinking he was able to tell me what to do.

"Billy," Sara's hand curved around his arm and he turned towards her. "I'm ok, everything is ok here. Why don't you both go back to work? I have so much to do here."

He asked her if she was sure, she said yes and then he turned to me and gave me this dirty look before he walked away.

Just to spite him, I stuck around for a few more minutes. "So the party?"

"Tanner, I don't think it would be a good idea."

I frowned, "Why not?"

"Well," she played with the plastic from around one of the candles. "It's just that..." she blushed. "I just don't think that...well..."

Maintenance came to clean up the glass, ending the conversation that we were having. "We'll talk about it later," I told her and headed back to my area.

I didn't get a chance to talk to her until lunch, at first break Billy was occupying most of her time. But at lunch, we were the first ones in the staffroom. "So about the party," I pulled up a chair beside her. "I think you should really go, it will be a lot of fun."

"Tanner," she sighed as she rubbed her neck and shoulders.

"What's wrong?"

"I think I moved the wrong way," she groaned. "My shoulders are so sore, I'm trying to ease the pain."

"Here," I turned my chair towards her and lifted my hand to her shoulder. "Let me get that for you, I happen to be very good at this."

Reluctantly she turned her back to me, she seemed so tense as I started to massage her shoulders but soon she relaxed and I was able to work in the muscles properly.

By this time everyone else was coming into the staff room, no one said anything but they were giving us looks. When Billy walked in, he stopped short and I got a dirty look again.

"Mmmm Tanner that feels so good!" Sara's groan came out of nowhere. "Oh! Mmmm!"

Her moans triggered a reaction in me that I didn't expect, I was getting really turned on I had to stop touching her. When I pulled my hands back from her, she turned and started at me. "What's wrong?" She asked, she looked confused but the look deep in her eyes wasn't one of confusion at all, she was enjoying the massage more than she should've.

"Nothing," I squeaked a little when I said that. I turned away from her and stared at my lunch.

"Tanner?" She touched my arm and I jumped.

"My mother made meatloaf for supper." What? Why the hell did I say that? I have no idea, even now I feel really stupid for saying that but it gave me something to concentrate on instead of the memory of how it felt to touch her and hear her moans.

And let's just say, the memory is so damn good, I'm feeling a little stirring right now. I didn't get to talk to her about the party again, Billy kept 'showing' up whenever I was near her. I really think that guy needs to get a life, I'm sure that Sara isn't interested in a smothering loser like him.

Right?

In other news, it's been a couple day and I haven't seen or heard from Claire, maybe she is serious about not seeing me again.

I could really use her right now...

3 comments:

bdave00 said...

Hello.....Claire? What are you thinking? Use your other head!

Anonymous said...

Dude! You have a hand, in fact you have two. Put a foot up on the counter and do it yourself!! That way you have a chance with Sarah, and no chance of some random sickness!

Nicole

Vikki said...

I agree with Nicole whole heartedly!! Don't screw up your chance with Sara (or your health) by screwing around with Claire. She's way too skankalicious!