Monday, July 16, 2007

Saturday Night Cinema

I had so much fun with my nephews Saturday despite the fact the little monsters decided that they were going to come in and jump on me first thing in the morning! But I think Travis has something to do with it because I heard him laughing his ass off when my heart fell back into my chest after spending some time visiting my tonsils.

The boys and I spent most of the say outside playing all sorts of games, most of which involved lots of running and rules that changed every time I went to do something that they just did. At first I would argue with them about the rule but soon I just gave up. Shelly, who was watching us for a while told me that I made a wise choice, "They play games like their dad, their way or not at all!" I laughed, it was so true Travis was like that.

I stayed for supper Saturday night and as we were sitting down to eat Travis asked me if I was going home or staying another night. "We don't mind if you stay," he told me.

"Yeah!" Kyle shouted. "You stay uncle Tanner and we can play some more!"

Shelly then suggested that maybe we would rather go rent some movies instead, "You might want to show uncle Tanner that you can be good little boys too, otherwise he may not want to come back!"

That started a discussion between my nephews as to what they wanted to rent; Kyle wanted to rent 'Ice Age 2: The Meltdown' because he loved Scrat and they didn't have the second Ice Age movie but Cody wanted to rent 'Night at the Museum' just because. I told them if they were good, I would think about renting both movies for them.

After supper I took the boys to the movie store. They took off to look for their movies the second we walked through the doors, I headed over to the new release section to see if there was anything that I was interested in seeing. I was reading the back of 'The Astronaut Farmer' when Kyle came running up to me and asked if he could also rent 'Bridge to Terabithia'.

"I heard mommy talking about it, she would like to see it but daddy said he didn't want to watch it so mommy didn't get it." He told me.

"Go ahead," I told him, I figured if I got it and Shelly put it in to watch it, my brother wouldn't walk out of the room. I don't know why but I thought that after their little thing the night before, that Travis should do something to show Shelly he did want to be with her.

I think I need to get laid, I'm starting to sound like a chick!

"Uncles Tanner!" Kyle came running back over, he sounded so upset. When I asked what was up he told me that the movie wasn't there any more. "Someone took it uncle tanner!" I tried to explain that it was ok but he was getting really upset. "But I wanted to rent it, can't you do something?"

"Like what?"

He shrugged, "Go find the person and tell them the movie was mine?" He asked hopefully.

"I'm not going to do that Kyle, why don't you go and pick something else out?" Kyle went off to find Cody 'because he'll get the movie back' and I went back to reading the back cover of the movie in my hand.

I decided not to get it, I didn't want to be up all night watching movies when I didn't have anyone to curl up with like the night that Sara came over. I started to think about her firm ass rubbing against my hard cock when Kyle came running back over, waving the movie in his hand. "I got it uncle Tanner!"

"You didn't take it from some one did you?"

He shook his head, "No the pretty lady heard me and told me she was sorry, she said she didn't know I wanted to rent it!"

"Did you say thank you?" I couldn't believe someone would give Kyle the movie just because he wanted to rent it. He told me he didn't and I told him to go and thank the lady because she didn't have to give him the movie at all. He wanted me to go with him, so I did.

"There she is," he told me as he took off towards her. "Thank you!" He called out as he stared up at her.

Slowly she turned around...

...it was Sara! "Hey," she smiled at Kyle as I joined them. "Hey!" She seemed really surprised to see me.

I asked her how she was doing and then asked what she was doing. "I'm renting a movie," she told me with a smile.

"Oh," I mentally kicked myself. "Right."

I don't really know how it happened but I remember asking her if she wanted to join us as we watched 'Bridge to Terabithia' and she said yes!

But she had to go home for some thing first, so I gave her my brother's address and then sped back to his house to tell him and Shelly what I did and beg them not to embarrass me.

I shouldn't have wasted my breath. The first thing my brother said to Sara when he opened the door to her was, "So you are the reason Tanner is having a nervous breakdown in the family room right now."

"Travis!" I wanted to kill him.

But Sara just smiled. "It's nice to meet you Travis," she held out her hand to him and he shook it. "I met your boys earlier, they were really nice."

Shelly came into the room as Sara was telling Travis that. "I'm Shelly, the nice boys mom." Sara smiled and shook her hand too. "Come on, let me show you to the family room," Shelly said and then led Sara off, turning one to give me the thumbs up sign.

"SO there is someone after all huh bro?" Travis threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a headlock. "Why do you insist on lying to your brother?" He asked as I tried to get free. "It would be easier just to tell me about the girl and then I wouldn't have to do this to get more info out of you!"

"There isn't any more info," I told him. "I work with Sara, she's my friend; she has a boyfriend."

Travis released me and shrugged, "So? She's here with you and the boyfriend isn't anywhere in sight."

I told him there was no way I was going to do anything to ruin my friendship with Sara.

"And that's why you will die alone," Travis left me standing in the front hall.

When I joined them in the family room, the only place left for me to sit was with Sara on the love seat. God what a stupid name for a piece of furniture.

We watched a couple movies and then my nephews had to go to bed. When Shelly returned from tucking them in, she shut off the lights and put in the movie Kyle got for her.

Ten minutes into the movie Sara moved closer to me.

Twenty minutes into the movie, I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

Forty minutes into the movie, I was half lying down across the love seat and Sara was cuddled up next to me.

When the movie was over, Shelly and Travis went to bed and I asked Sara if she wanted to watch something else. Out of my brother's movie collection she picked 'Space Balls' and asked if we could sit on the couch instead of the love seat.

Halfway through 'Space Balls' we were lying on the couch with our arms around each other, we weren't doing anything nor were we saying anything at all.

Sara spent the night with me...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Sara finally came to her senses! Go for it Tanner......

Anonymous said...

Yes! I hope Sara broke up with Ken.

bdave00

Carmel Beauty said...

Well I hope you and sara hit it off I don't like her boyfriend or your old girlfriend and stay away from Claire she is TROUBLE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sweet. hopefully she doesnt freak out like she did that one morning.

Anonymous said...

That was great. I hope Sara broke up with Ken too. He sounds like a jerk. Hope this is something good starting between you two. I think it would really piss off Billy at work.

Chris

Anonymous said...

Please, please post today!

Anonymous said...

So.......what happened the next morning? Please post soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just found your blog and got caught up. I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next entry.

MH