Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Friday's Non Party Night

Friday night I was waiting by the door for Sara to come. Ten came and went and she was no where to be seen, I was pacing the floor because I didn't have a number to call to see if she was alright or coming or what and she didn't have my number.

"You are still here?" My mom walked into the kitchen in her old bathrobe, she sat down at the table and watched me pace the floor. "Tanner why don't you sit down?"

"I can't," I told her as I paced.

"You didn't tell me who you were meeting tonight, is it Luke?"

"No mom it's not Luke."

My mom breathes a sigh of relief and I stop my pacing to stare at her. "Don't look at me like that Tanner," she told me and I asked her what the sigh was for. "You've been going out with Luke a lot in the past couple weeks and you are almost 30 and single and..."

"What?" I tripped over my feet as I moved towards the table, I couldn't believe what she was saying. "Mom I'm not gay!"

"There would be nothing wrong with it if you were Tanner, I know a couple nice young men who -"

"Mom!" I kid you not when I tell you I squeaked when I said 'mom'. "I'm waiting for a girl! A very pretty girl who I happen to work with. Did I mention she's pretty?"

My mom, the wonderful aging deaf broad that she is, continued on. "...there's Pete, he's a nice one...oh but he has a boyfriend...although he's not a very nice boy..."

"MOM!" I dropped to my knees in front of her, she was killing me. "I'M NOT GAY! I'M WAITING FOR A HOT GIRL WHO DRIVES ME SO INSANE I JUST WANT TO..." I stop short as I realized I was about to tell my mother - and anyone within hearing distance - that I wanted to rip Sara's clothes off her and have my way with her, over and over again.

"That's nice Tanner," she patted my cheek and smiled. "So tell me about this girl."

FUCK! I didn't see it coming but some how mom always manages to get me to tell her about a girl that I'm interested in and the moment I tell her? She thinks she has my permission to go to that girl and try to set me up! It's so fucking embarrassing.

"I don't really know that much about her mom," I started but I heard a car outside the house so I quickly kissed her on the cheek and told her I'd see her later.

Without even looking, I knew my mom was watching out the window, trying to get a look at Sara. "You have no idea how happy I am to see...what's wrong?" I turned towards her when I was in the middle of speaking and doing up my seat belt, she looked like crap - crap that had been crying. "Sara?" I went to touch her arm but she batted my hand away and slipped the car into drive.

She turned onto the highway, heading into town and she just drove. She didn't speak or take her eyes off the road once. She drove until there was no road left to drive on - the road ended at the lake that the town was named after. When she parked the car, she got out and ran towards the railing around the lake. I hopped out of the car and took off after her, getting there just as she climbed onto the railing and swung her legs out over.

"Whoa!" I grabbed her around the waist, pulling her back against my chest, holding her there. "What the hell are you doing?" She told me she wasn't doing anything. "Then you want to come off the railing?"

"No," she told me but didn't say anything else, not even when I asked her what was wrong again.

I was scared shitless to let her go, the water was really deep and really cold. Yes, I was afraid she'd jump. So I held her, which did absolutely nothing to keep my hormones under control.

Twenty minutes passed and she was shivering in my arms, the wind coming off the lake was cold. "Tanner I want to get down."

I helped her down and thought we would head back to the car where it was warmer but she grabbed my hand and led me away from the car; down along the walking trail around the lake. We must have walked ten minutes before she suddenly turned around and headed back towards the car.

When we were back in the comfort of the car, she turned to me. "Is it ok if we don't go to the party tonight?" I told her it was. We drove around town for a couple minutes and then she turned into the Movie Gallery parking lot. I didn't know what she was doing and I wasn't about to ask her, I was just happy to be spending time with her outside work. And the best thing? She held my hand, or touched me the entire time we were browsing through the movie selection. She picked out a couple of the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' movies.

Back in her car again, she headed towards my house. I was disappointed when she pulled into the drive but I didn't let her know that. "Well, I guess I'll see you later." I went to get out but she grabbed my hand and asked if it would be ok with my parents if she came in for a while.

"I just don't want to go home yet," she told me and then said we could watch the movies she picked out.

My parents were still up when I walked into the house again. "Tanner?" My mom wandered into the kitchen from the living room where her and my dad were watching the news. "Is something wrong?" She asked and stopped short when she saw Sara standing in the doorway. "Oh hello," she smiled at Sara and then shot me a questioning look.

Fuck! I knew that look behind the questioning one, it was the 'I'm going to see if she likes you like that' look, aka the 'I'm going to embarrass the hell out of you' look.

I introduced them as I tried to send mom a look of my own that said, 'please I beg you, on all that is holy, don't embarrass me!'

"It's nice to met you," Sara smiled at my mom and then showed her the bag with the movies in it. "Is it ok if we watched a couple movies?" She asked and then added, "Oh! Your husband and you are watching something, I'm sorry' when she saw the flickering of the TV. Turning towards me she said that maybe she should get going after all.

I went to ask her about not wanting to go home when my mom told her that I had a TV in my room and we could watch movies in there. "Just leave the door open Tanner."

If only the floor would've opened up and swallowed me whole right then!

Sara and I ended upstairs in my room, sitting side by side on my bed - with the door opened! - watching the first 'Nightmare' movie. A half hour into the movie, my mom poked her head into my room and then walked in with a tray of drinks, chips and popcorn. "If you need anything else Sara just tell Tanner and he'll get it." Turning to me my mom told me her and dad were going to bed. And then she did it, the embarrassing thing that I knew she would do at some point in the night. But this time it was ten times worst than anything she's ever done. Worst than the setting up, worst than...everything!

My. Mom. Kissed. Me. On. The. Lips. In. Front. Of. Sara. And. Said. Good. Night. My. Cute. Little. Man.

The floor...open up...take me now!

But it didn't. My mom left the room and I died a slow painful death.

And Sara? Laughed her ass off. "Shut up," I told her and hit her with my pillow which she took to laugh into so my parents wouldn't hear her.

The rest of the night she would turn to me and ask if 'mommy's little man' was afraid of the scary guy with the long fingernails.

Some where in the middle of the third movie we fell asleep. I woke up Saturday morning with the biggest hard on ever! And Sara's firm ass planted right against it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. Poor guy. Moms tend to do that. I guess they see it as their privledge. They do it to us women too. Wow, "slept" with her on the first "date" even i didn't think Sara was going to be like that. Lol. Hope everything is better with her.

Chris

bdave00 said...

I can't wait for those days. I have a son and daughter. I get to put them through what I went through. HA HA.
I wonder what the deal is with Sara and the ex?
Keep up the good work.

Vikki said...

LOL!! You got her into bed on the first date :-o

Your mom is sooo cute!

Good post.

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, thanks.

RJ

Lynn said...

That post just cracked me up. I must admit I do that kind of stuff to my boys at times. It is just so amusing to see the look on their face.

I like this blog too.

Anonymous said...

funny post! and EXACTLY like parents. i bet his mom did it on purpose too! lol