Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Weekend Plans

Fuck have I been busy lately! I'm not complaining, it's a good busy but still I'm glad that I have a couple minutes to relax right now. In fact I have all day to relax, well sleep but either way, it's all good!

Since I posted here, I've barely been home at all. I wasn't home all weekend, I didn't get home until yesterday after work and then I crashed, or tried too but I was out again until I went to work last night. It's funny that all I felt like I was doing lately was working and sleeping and I hated it but after the last couple days, I'm looking forward to slipping back into that routine.

Friday morning, after writing for this site, I stripped down and headed off to the shower; my plans for that day was to do absolutely nothing! Just like my plans for the next three days - Monday was a holiday here so I had an extra night off!

When I got out of the shower, after I toweled off, I headed back to my room and happened to glance at my phone, surprised to see that the message light was blinking; no one ever calls me! And I had three messages! Boy was I popular all of a sudden!

First one, from my brother. "Kids are at Shelly's mom's for the weekend so Shelly and I are going to the lake. Bring lots of beer and some really hot chicks..." I heard Shelly's voice in the background and my brother laughed. "I mean invite whoever you want! But don't forget the beer!!"

Second one was Luke. "Heeey Tanner! Where the hell have you been man? You just disappeared from the face of the earth! Give me a call and we'll party the weekend away."

Moments after Luke's voice faded away, Sara's came through the speaker. "Hi Tanner, it's Sara. I was hoping to catch you but I guess...well I obviously didn't. Have a good weekend, I'll see you next week."

Out of the three of them, Sara was the first one I called back; I already knew what the other two wanted. Sara's mother answered on the second ring, she asked me how I was doing when I told her who I was. "I'm doing ok," I told her and asked how she was.

"Oh you know," she sounded a little tired. "But I'm worried about Sara, she's been acting a little withdrawn lately." She went on to tell me that Sara spends most of her time locked in her room. "I don't know what she's doing in there," she said quietly. "I tell her she should be out with friends but she doesn't listen to me; she says she wanted to be here for me but seeing her miserable isn't helping me at all. She needs to get out of the house and have some fun. She's young, she should be living it up!"

I couldn't help but smile at that. "I have just the thing," I told Sara's mother. "My brother and his wife are heading out to the lake for the weekend and they are inviting everyone they can think of out to join them."

"Oh that sounds wonderful, just let me get Sara for you." Her mother dropped the phone, she hollered out to Sara. "Sara! Sara! Your young man is on the phone!"

I was chuckling still when Sara's bewildered voice came over the wire. "Hello?" She said slowly, as if she was afraid who would be on the other end.

"Hello Sara."

"Tanner!" She sounded relieved that it was me. "I called you," she said and then groaned. "I guess you already know that."

I told her I did. "I was in the shower when you called."

When she said 'oh, ok' I couldn't help but wonder if she was picturing me naked; I wanted her to be picturing me naked. "What?" She had said something while I was running around in my head about whether or not she was picturing me naked.

"I asked what you were doing this weekend," she repeated. "You do have Sunday off too, right?"
"Yes," I regained some composure. "That's what I was calling about. How would you like to spend the weekend in the great outdoors with me and my brother, his wife and whoever else shows up? We could sleep under the stars and swim naked in the lake - also under the stars!" Sara laughed. "What do you say? Are you in?"

"Except for that last part, it sounds like fin Tanner but...I can't I have to stay here with my mom."

"No you don't missy!" I heard her mom saying. "A nice young man just asked you to spend the weekend with him, you want to do and you will!"

"Mom," Sara must've covered the mouthpiece because all I heard were muffled voices until she came back and told me that she would go with me. We made plans for her to meet me at my brother's house around 2 and we would go from there.

As I was about to hang up, I told her I had to go call Travis and Luke back. "Luke isn't going to be at the lake, is he?" She asked.

"Well I was going to invite him along but if that means you won't want to be there, then I don't have too."

She was quiet for a while, a long while, I wasn't sure she was still there. "Sara?"

She sighed. "You should invite him," she told me. "He is your friend and I guess I'll have to get used to that if I want to be your friend as well." i was about to ask her is she was sure but she told me she had to go. "I'll see you at 2!"

It wasn't until I hung up from talking to my brother that I realized the bad mood that settled over me was because she mentioned being my friend. Did I want her to be just a friend? No, not really.

While I was on the phone with my brother, Billy tried calling. So when I hung up from talking to Travis, I checked my message. "Hey Tanner, just calling to see if we were still on for tonight. Give me a call at ***-****"

Billy and I had started to hang around more at work since everything happened with Sara, I guess the concern we both have for her kind of gave us something in common and I realized I didn't hate him as much as I thought I would. I told him that we could possibly hang out tonight, if there was something interesting going on in town; I guess I forgot about it. I called him back and told him we were all heading out to the lake.

Having made plans for the weekend, I decided to grab a couple hours of sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like good things to come! PLEEASE don't wait too long to post about the weekend at the lake. Maybe Tanner and Sara will FINALLY get together.

But why in the hell would Tanner invite Luke knowing he's hot for Sara? Could be trouble.....

Vikki said...

Ooooh!! I can't wait to read what happens next! I see drama on the horizon...

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree Luke was very clear about his feelings for sara so I def see problems in the future