Saturday, August 18, 2007

"Date" Night

What a beautiful day! Wondrous even! I don't care that the sky is dark, the thunder is rolling or that the heavens have opened up and seen bound and determined to wipe out life on this earth today. It's a great day regardless! And no you perverts, I didn't get laid! But I am starting to think that Sara will totally blow my mind when we do make it to that point! Fuck! She blows my mind right now and we haven't even gotten naked!

I caught up with Sara and Billy yesterday after work, they were heading to the restaurant next door for breakfast. "You should join us," Billy called over his shoulder as he headed towards his car. "It'll be fun." I glanced towards Sara to see what she thought, she smiled at me before heading to her car.

I thought about not joining them for about 10 seconds before I too got in my car to head over to the restaurant. Once we were inside, the waitress showed us to our table. I slid into the booth, with my back to the door, while Billy sat across from me. Sara had gone to the bathroom to wash her hands but when she came back, she slipped in beside Billy; I was a little disappointed to say the least, I wanted her to sit next to me.

It wasn't until the waitress came over to take our order, that I realized they didn't look at their menus at all. "The regular for you two?" The waitress asked as she took out her notepad and started writing, reciting what they were having as she did so. When she turned to me, I was frantically scanning the menu again because both Billy and Sara ordered burgers and fries, not breakfast! I didn't even realize that I could order a burger at 7:30 in the morning.

Billy was the first to speak after the waitress took my order and left the table. "So what's on the agenda today for you guys?"

"Nothing," Sara said sadly. "I get to sit at home and stare at the walls while my mother heads out to all these various functions with the woman from the social club that she joined just before my father's death."

"Ouch," Billy chucked. "Got to suck that your mom has a better social life than you!" He glanced at me and smiled. "What about you? What are you up to today?"

I told them my plans to grab something to eat later before heading out to a movie. "Did you want to come with me?" I was asking both of them, really; it doesn't matter that I was looking straight at Sara when I said it.

"That sounds great!" Sara said with a little more enthusiasm than I thought she would.

Billy on the other hand? "It does," he said. "But I can't make it."

"Why not?" Sara shot him a questioning look. "What are you doing tonight?"

"I have a date," he said with a grin.

"OH MY GOD!" Sara almost knocked over her water. "Seriously? With Cal?" Billy was grinning ear to ear when he nodded. "OH!" Sara threw her arms around Billy and gave a little squeal. "You finally asked him out! I'm so proud of you!"

"Actually," Billy gave a little chuckle before telling us that Cal was the one who asked him out.

"Yay!" Sara was literally bouncing in her seat! "I can't believe this! This is so great Billy!" She stopped suddenly and grabbed his arm. "OhmyGod! Whatareyougoingtowear? So you want me to come over and help you get ready?"

Billy gave her a horrified look. "OhmyGod!" He mocked her. "You are such a girl! No, I don't want you to come over and help me 'get ready', I can dress myself!" Sara started to pout and he added, "Besides Cal is still a little 'on the fence', I don't want him jumping over to your side when he sees you! You have to let me have this guy!"

Sara rolled her eyes, "Oh whatever Billy! One look at you when you are dressed to impress and Cal won't even remember his own name!"

"That's ok," Billy took a sip of his pop before winking at Sara and saying, "All Cal needs to remember is my name!"

"Can you believe this guy?" Sara turned to me as she rolled her eyes.

"Of course he can," Billy cut in. "Tanner is a guy, he knows exactly what I'm talking about. Even if he likes..." Billy looked at Sara. "Women!" He gave a full body shudder, "That is so unnatural!"

I laughed at that. Sara didn't. Maybe it was only funny to me, I don't know but damn just watching the two of them together was hilarious.

Our burgers came and talk soon turned to work.

Breakfast lasted about an hour and a half before Sara said that she had to get going. We made our way to the front to pay and then walked out into the sunshine.

We were talking about something stupid when we reached our cars, Billy broke from us and headed to his car. Sara turned to me, "I guess I'll see you on Sunday?"

I believe it was that little question that gave me the courage to ask her again about joining me for dinner and a movie last night. "I don't know," she started but I cut her off.

"Well if you want to sit at home while your mom is out living it up, that's your choice." I turned to go, "I'll see you around Sara."

"Tanner wait," she called and I stopped. "What time did you want me to meet you?"

We made plans for her to meet me at my place around 5 since the movie theater was in my town.

At ten to 5 last night, I walked into the kitchen where my parents were seated at the table having their supper. "Oh my!" My mom exclaimed when she looked up at me. "Clean button down shirt and wrinkle free khakis?" She raised a brow. "Does my little man have himself a date tonight?"

Fuck! I hate it when she calls me her 'little man!' "No mom, I'm hanging out with Sara tonight." My mom told me it was the same thing. "No it's not," I told her as the doorbell rang. "That's Sara," I told them. "Please don't embarrass me!"

I managed to get Sara in and out of my parents house in under five minutes and mom didn't saw a word to embarrass me, I thought it was going to be a great night.

Until we got to the restaurant we were having dinner and almost ran into the Bastard and his friends.

That seemed to kill Sara's desire to have dinner and go to a movie. I tried to reason with her but she told me I didn't understand, "he won't let us go without coming over and trying to ruin our night. I don't want that Tanner, I just want to spend the night with you and have some fun."

Just hearing that she wanted to spend the night with me made me feel better. "What did you want to do?" I asked her. "Do you want to go to another restaurant? Do you want to order some take out and go back to my place?"

She stared at me for a while as we drove around in my car. Finally she said no. "No what?" I asked her.

"No, I don't want to order something and go back to your place. I told you I would go to dinner with you and then go to a movie and we are going." She just had one request, that we didn't go back to the restaurant that the Bastard was in. I had no problems with that one at all!

So we ended up back at the restaurant where we had breakfast that morning. We were having so much fun talking and joking around that we didn't even notice when the first start time for the movie we were going to see passed by.

"What are we going to do now?" She asked as we walked out of the restaurant with an hour and a half to kill before the next showing started.

I was lost for what to suggest. I frantically looked around at all the building within sight and finally found one. With a smile, I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards my car. "I have an idea."

And that idea will have to wait until later because Sara is rolling over in my bed as I type. She just asked me what I was doing - I told her I was telling everyone I knew how beautiful and sexy she is. Should I take the pillow that came flying at my head at Mach 10 as a sign that she doesn't believe me?

3 comments:

Vikki said...

That's so sweet!!

And YAY, first post!

ctiger said...

That was great. Glad the bastard didn't see you guys. So glad she decided to still go out with you. Can't wait to hear the rest of the night. And she stayed again!!!! YaY!!

Chris

Miss Asia said...

This blog is really good. I really like having the guy perspective.

Can we get a description of you Tanner? *wink wink*