Thursday, August 16, 2007

Attention, Returns and Whatnot

Work! That's all I seem to be doing lately! Between my parents store and my job at the super center, I don't seem to have time for anything else besides sleep. That's why I can't wait for this weekend, my two whole nights off! I don't have any plans but I think I might go to a movie. Probably Transformers since I've been wanting to see that since it came out but I didn't find the time. At least now there shouldn't be any noisy little jerk offs in the theater. Fuck! I hate it when you are trying to watch a movie that you paid dearly to see, only to have some little fucker talk throughout the whole fucking thing!

I've been thinking about asking Sara to go with me. I know! Movies aren't the best place for a date, especially a first one but Sara still insists that we hang out as friends! Maybe if I ask her to go to the movie, she won't say no because she'll know the thing about movie's being a 'no-no' for dates. Of course, if I ask her to go to dinner first, would that be pushing the date line? I supposed if I do ask her to go with me, she'll insist on inviting Billy too. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's fun to hang out with but I don't want another guy on a 'date' with us - even if he is gay.

Fuck! It's never been this hard to get close to a woman before! She lets me in but as soon as I think I'm good to go, she's slamming that wall back up! I know the bastard hurt her, both physically and mentally but fuck! I'm not him! I would never hurt her like that!

Let's see. What else?

It seems that Luke is over Sara. In his own words, "gay boy can have her, she's not that hot anyway." I told him he didn't have a chance in hell anyway, he just laughed and told me that he wished me luck. "I hear she's pretty cold, if you know what I mean."

I wanted to tell him that Sara isn't cold in any way but Luke has a big mouth and I didn't want it to get back to the bastard that something could be happening with Sara and me. I have a feeling he won't take that all that well, especially since by now Shelly's friend Heidi must have told him about running into Sara at the lake.

Speaking of Shelly. Travis called me the other day and asked me if I ever thought about entering the wonderful world of spending time with my nephews alone. In other words, he wanted to know if I would possibly babysit for him one night soon, he wants to surprise Shelly with a night out. "She keeps telling me that I don't pay attention to her! I don't what she means! I always pay attention to her!" I was no help to him, I had know idea what Shelly meant either. Women are a little crazy sometimes, it's best if I don't try to understand them!

AND speaking of woman and crazy! I bet you know where I'm going with this! Yes Crazy struck last night, or at least she tried too. She had been off since Sara came back, I'm not sure why, I didn't really care but I remember her saying something about having planned a trip somewhere before she was hired and since they knew about it and still hired her, they agreed to give her the time off. I didn't really miss her. I was actually hoping that Crazy wouldn't be back but last night she showed up just as I was running - literally - to the store because I slept in! She didn't say anything to me as we walked into the store, which was ok with me.

"Ah! Tanner and Rachael! So nice of you to join us!" Judy stopped in the middle of her meeting to say that to us.

We walked to the back, threw our stuff in the staffroom before clocking in and heading up the front where Judy was handing out our productivity sheets. I went over to Sara and Billy, I was telling them I slept in when Judy got to us and told us where we were working. "Sara, I would like you to concentrate on the front pod, we need to make sure that all the back to school stuff is out and full for family day. I have the unloaders pulling all the skids in from the tent."

When Judy moved on, I turned to Sara and asked her who was doing infants. "No one is Tanner," Sara sighed. "We don't have a truck tonight, so we get to rework all the old stuff in the back. Joy!"

One glance at my sheet told me that I was still in pets for the night. "What about you?" I asked Billy.

"I get to work through the new toys, the modulars have all been set." He looked happier about that than Sara did about working in the front pod.

"I still have housewares," Crazy's voice came from my side. I didn't even know she was close. "Hi, I'm Rachael." She held out her hand to Sara. "I don't think I met you before." Sara smiled as she shook Crazy's hand and introduced herself. "Oh!" Crazy gasped. "You're Sara? Oh my God, I heard so much about you!"

Sara frowned, "You did?"

Crazy nodded, "Yes! Tanner told me all about you when we worked together." She turned to me and I shit you not, she actually grabbed hold of my hand and stood right against me, my arm touching her in places I didn't want to even think about touching on her. "Didn't you Tanner?" But she didn't give me a chance to say anything, she was talking again. "He has been so nice to me. I was working with him for a while, he taught me everything he knew, he made it all see so easy!" Turning to me, she told me I was an 'amazing' teacher.

I didn't look at her once, I was trying to free my arm from her grasp while trying to make sure Sara knew there wasn't anything going on with Crazy.

I don't think it worked, Sara didn't look too happy. "He should be," Sara said kind of coolly as she slipped of the counter. "I taught him everything I knew." I watched helplessly as she headed off to the front pod.

"What the fuck was that?" I snapped at Crazy once I yanked my arm free.

"Oh Tanner," Crazy giggled, "Do you really think you have a chance with the ice queen?"

I grabbed her arm, "You don't know Sara at all! Don't think that your little act has done anything to ruin my friendship with her! She's not stupid, she'll see right through you and you'll be sorry."

"Whatever!" She laughed and headed off to her department.

It took me until lunch to get Sara to talk to me enough for me to explain what happened with Crazy while she was off. I don't think she would've believed me if Billy didn't back me up when she asked him about it.

"You don't feel anything for her?" She asked me as I walked her to her department.

"No," I replied honestly.

"Why not?" We had reached the front by this time, Sara was leaning against one of the shelving units. "She's young and very pretty."

I shrugged, "So?"

"You said before you liked young and pretty girls who were willing....well you know what you said!"

"Sara," I shook my head. "I say some stupid stuff sometimes."

"No kidding!" Sara smiled at me. "I'm glad you aren't interested in her, I wouldn't want to have to hose you down or anything before you hung out with me."

I laughed, "You are something else, you know that?"

"Yes," she nodded. "I know, now if I just knew what that was."

I want to kiss her right then and there!

"Tanner!" Judy came over to us. "Don't you think you should get back to pets?"

So Sara met Crazy and Crazy is living up to her name. I'm hoping she doesn't try that shit again.

Gotta go to my parents' store now. And maybe later, I'll call Sara to see if she's up for a movie tomorrow.

5 comments:

Along this path said...

Thanks for posting today, it was great as usual! I'm glad to hear that the Crazy girl isn't going to come between Sara and Tanner. I really want to see those two together!

MH

Carmel Beauty said...

I agree with along this path

ctiger said...

I too want to see Sara and Tanner together. Loved the post. Keep them coming.

Chris

Vikki said...

Crazy is more like psycho!

Good post :^)

Anonymous said...

This has turned out to be a really good blog and I really enjoy it. But I must say I am sometimes annoyed with Sara's behavior. I understand she has been hurt, and going through an abusive relationship like that can't be easy and has obviously caused her to mistrust people, but she is always so quick to get mad at Tanner with little things, it seems a bit ridiculous.