Monday, August 11, 2008

Tempted...

Even though I didn't really want to be out, I found myself slipping into my old ways as I scanned the crowds, looking for someone who fit my needs. There were plenty of women all over the place - standing at the bar, hanging by the pool tables, sitting at one of the many tables and dancing on the floor. It was the last lot of women who held my attention when Travis slipped away saying he needed something to drink.

"Uh huh," I waved him off, not taking my eyes off one of the dancers on the floor.

"Go easy," he laughed before disappearing.

The song ended, the object of my attention slowly made her way off the dance floor. Wishing to speak to her, I moved a couple steps to the left, to put myself in position to make it happen.

Just like I hoped, she was paying too much attention to her friends to notice me and she walked into me; wide eyes turned upwards in shock. Meeting mine, she flashed me an apologetic smile and motioned me closer.

"I'm so sorry." Her breath grazed my ear as her hand came to rest on my upper arm. "I didn't see you there," she chuckled, her hand squeezing my arm. "Hard to believe though." She moved on before I could reply but I was very confident that it wasn't the last I would hear from her.

"Tanner! Tanner!" Turning, I spotted Travis as he made his way back. When he reached me, he grabbed my arm and told me how much he loved me. "This place is fucking awesome Tanman. And the chicks...." he trailed off as a couple blondes walked by, waving their fingers in his direction as they passed. "They're hot - I'll be back."

With a shake of my head, I watched Travis follow the girls back to their table. When he moved between the two of them and wrapped one arm around each of their waists, I decided to find my own blonde - brunette, redhead, whatever - to give my undivided attention to.

My first stop, before I did any body searches, was to the bar to get myself another beer. Armed with a nice refreshing bottle, I slowly began to make my way through the crowds of semi drunk people. As I moved, I was looking for two things, the chick from the dance floor and my 'friends' the bouncer told me were hanging out inside.

I circled the bar once without spotting either one of them, nor did I see Travis in my travels. I wasn't worried though, not about him. Sure he may have seemed like he would do something stupid but I was certain that he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his relationship with Shelly. He was just looking to have a little innocent fun.

On my second trip around the bar, I finally spotted the dance floor chick, all wrapped up in someone else's arms. For a moment, I stood watching them together before getting bored. With a shrug, I completely forgot about her and continued on my way.

It was starting to get to me, not finding any action. It was a first for me. Never had I gone to the bar before and not had chicks hanging all over me. Even when I was seeing Nance, there wasn't a night when I was out without her, or even with her for that matter, where I wasn't given a chance to take another woman home, if I wanted. Nance, of course, didn't know this.

An hour later, I was standing in the same spot as before, watching the chicks on the dance floor. Only this time it was different, I could feel someone watching me and it made me a little uneasy. Trying not to draw attention to myself, I turned and scanned the crowds to see who was watching me.

I almost missed her as she sat in the darkness almost hidden behind the group of people around her table. She was familiar, I thought I should know her but I couldn't place her for the life of me. But the way she was looking at me told me that she knew who I was.

Halfway into my struggle through the crowds towards her, Travis reappeared at my side with the two blondes from earlier. "Hey Fucker!" He slurred slightly as he held onto the two chicks. "Come do some shots with us."

For a brief second, I hesitated but one glance towards the direction I was headed, told me that the chick wasn't there anymore. "What the hell," I shrugged and followed my brother, Nikki and Maggie to the shooter bar.

Nikki, the shorter and chubbier one of the two, leaned in over the bar to order the shooters; the bartender nodded, grabbed two shot glasses.

"Why only two?" I barely heard Travis ask when the bartender took Nikki's money.

"It's our treat for you," she replied as she held out a glass to Maggie.

"Ok then...." Travis' jaw dropped when the girls lowered the shot down between their tits. Wide eyed, he turned to stare at me as the girls worked on balancing the glass. After telling me this was the 'best night ever', he turned back to Nikki. I swear I head him say, 'going down' before moving towards her chest.

A moment later, he tossed his head back, emptying the shot glass. "Aren't you going to take the shot?"

I looked from Maggie's chest to Travis and back again.

"Come on Fucker," he hissed. "Take the shot."

11 comments:

Melissa Robinson said...

oh tanner...will you ever learn?

Mehreen said...

I have a feeling this will not end well...

Anonymous said...

wonder who the girl is? Friend of Sara?

mum said...

oh, no, here we go. please post again soon!

mum

**Liz** said...

he better not fuck up. I guarantee that girl he saw was a friend of Sara's or knows her somehow and this is not going to end well.

Hadley said...

Tanner, Tanner, Tanner

the words you are looking for are: go for it Trav, you know I've got a girlfriend

Anonymous said...

Take the shot! Lets have alittle drama and spice things up ;). His goody goody act is gettin on my nerves LOL.

Anonymous said...

I hope he does it and take some chick home. He needs to get action from someone, and wee little sara isn't going to give it to him. I'm gettign sick of her.

Anonymous said...

I don't think he will do it. He is about to get action at home. It will even be long term. Hang-on don't give in! Sara is worth it!

Anonymous said...

Hadley-
I think Travis should be saying, "Go for it Tanner, you know I'm married."

Hadley said...

Oh yeah! I forgot all about that!