Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hanging out with Trav

Travis ignored all my suggestions of where to go while we stood in the elevator waiting for it to take us down to the lobby. He told me that I didn't know where to go anymore, "It's been a year since you lived here," he reminded me.

The moment the elevator stopped, he made a beeline for the empty front desk. When I asked him what he was doing, he told me that 'the hottie' should know where to go and if I played my cards right, I wouldn't be alone tonight.

"I don't need -"

"Shhh!" He shoved me when the front desk chick came out from the back office. "Hey there." He flashed her a grin as he leaned against the counter and then, in true Joey Tribbiani fashion said, "How you doin'?"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "What are you doing?" I hissed over his shoulder.

Travis barely glanced my way. "Would you shut it?" He hissed in return before turning back to the chick. "My brother has been working so hard this week, he thinks that he doesn't need to get out but I don't agree." He paused and then asked her if she knew of a place to unwind. "Where would you go if you weren't working tonight?"

"The only place to go," she told him. "Legends." Travis nodded, not really knowing the place at all. "I'm meeting some friends there in an hour," she informed him. "Maybe I'll see you two there?"

----

"This places blows!" Travis whined not even forty minutes later. "If I wanted to see wanna be cowboys and stuck up cowgirls, I would've stayed home! Who the hell listens to this crap anyway? And the two step?" He paused to take a couple steps, like he was doing the two step, and then shrugged his shoulders. "That's exciting."

I placed my empty glass on the table we were standing around. "Let's go then."

"Go where? Back to the hotel? Fuck that!" He slammed his empty beer bottle down on the table. "It's not everyday I get to the city without my wife or kids, I'm telling you we aren't going back to the hotel until I get..." he trailed off. His head turned as he watched three of those 'stuck up cowgirls' walk by.

"Travis!"

"What?" He turned towards me. "Aren't you the guy who told me that there was no harm in looking, when you were doing more than looking behind your girl's back?"

"That was years ago, I was stupid."

"And horny," he laughed. "Wasn't it her best friend and her cousin? At the same time? Lucky bastard."

"It was a long time ago and things have changed."

"Yeah," Travis agreed. "You've become a pussy. Wrapped all around the finger of a girl who isn't putting out. What the fuck happened to you Tanman?"

I was about to tell him nothing happened to me but I knew I had changed. Not that long ago it was all about sex for me, it didn't matter who it was or where it was, as long as I was getting it, I didn't fucking care. I was out most every night, all night, flirting and fucking like it was my last night alive. But now? It was barely 10 and I was more than ready to call it a night.

What the hell happened to me? When did I become such a boring fuck?

Turning to Travis, who was still waiting for an answer to his question. I told him I knew of a place loaded with hot, easy chicks.

"Alright!" He grinned. "That's what I'm talking about!"

An hour later, we finally made it to the front of the line for the hottest nightclub in the city. A place I visited many times when Nance and I were still together.

"Fuck me!" The 300 pound giant of a bouncer exclaimed when he saw me. "Tanner, how the fuck are you man? Last I heard you were hightailing it out of town."

I told him I was in the city for a job and was just checking out the scene.

"Aww-yeah!" He slapped me on the back and gave me a shove towards the entrance while listing a few people I used to know, saying they were in there somewhere.

"Are any of the chicks hot?" My brother asked as we entered the club.

I grinned.

"This is going to be fucking awesome!"

7 comments:

Melissa Robinson said...

Tanner! You perv!! You better not cheat on Sara!

mum said...

Hey, Tanner's not committed, it's his brother I'm worried about. His wife will kick his butt!

mum

Anonymous said...

This is why I'm a firm believer of keeping your man happy at home :o)! I don't think anything is wrong with looking, but hopefully that is all the brothers do!

Kate

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, I see trouble coming!

Newit

Anonymous said...

Big trouble....they are men!!!

Vikki said...

Tanner, Don't be stupid!!

Mehreen said...

Tanner definitely has changed from the days of screwing Claire in a nightclub bathroom. The boys can look all they want, but they better keep their hands to themselves!