Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Do You Know?

Anna stood at the foot of her bed, a blanket wrapped around her body as she shot daggers at Travis' passed out body. "I'm going to kill him," she hissed.

"Calm down, he didn't mean anything by it."

"He didn't..." she turned her daggers my way. "Who the hell is he? Why is he here?" Motioning towards the table over by the window, I told her I would tell her everything I knew if she calmed down and joined me there. "No, tell me now."

"I need to sit down," I threw over my shoulder as I wandered over to the table. While I settled down into the uncomfortable chair, Anna fumed over by her bed. "Unless you like to stay close to him."

It was hilarious, how pissed she was. I would've laughed but I couldn't be certain what she would have done if I did.

"I wanna know what that man is doing in my bed and in this room," she whispered as she dropped into the chair across from me. "What makes you think you can invite people here Tanner? This isn't just your room!"

Rolling my eyes, I told her I didn't invite him. "Travis just showed up here and told me we were going out." With a quick glance towards the beds, "I have no idea why he's here."

"What? You didn't think to ask?" She went on to ask why men got drunk instead of talking.

"There's nothing to talk about, we just went out." And Travis was all over other women all night.

"Whatever." Anna sighed. "I'm going back to sleep, keep your brother from grabbing me again, or I will kill him."

"Whoa, whoa."

Anna chuckled, "What? Do you honestly think I'm going to share a bed with him?" She climbed into my bed. "You, on the other hand, shouldn't mind, since he is your brother." With a smirk, she pulled the covers up to her chin. "Good night Tanner, sleep well."

Sleeping well wasn't what I did. Travis rolled around all night and tried to spoon me on numerous occasions. I don't think I'll ever be the same again. I'm not sure if it was Travis' spooning or what, but I couldn't sleep at all. I kept replaying the night, the run in with Becca. Was she right, would Sara freak out? Or would she be understanding? Would she know that I had no intentions of doing anything with anyone else.

"I guess there's only one way to find out."

Grabbing my cell, I headed into the bathroom with a nervous churning in the pit of my stomach. I'm fucked. She won't understand. I've screwed up before we could really get off the ground.

The ringing stopped, there was a click on the line and then nothing. "Sara? Are you there?"

"Yeah," she sighed softly. "I was sleeping."

Smiling, I told her to stop teasing me. "I would give anything to have you here....sleeping."

The sound of her laughter was music to my ears. "Missing me already Big Boy?"

"You could say that."

"Ok," she chuckled. "I will. You miss me."

We talked for a few minutes about her night, how Billy is doing and their plans for tomorrow night. She told me that she thinks Billy might have found someone to help him get over Cal. "Of course, he says they are just friends but you never know."

"That's great." I really didn't want to talk about Billy or the possibility that he found someone new when there was a good chance that tomorrow any chance I had of having a relationship of my own was destroyed.

"Yeah, it is. Problem though, the guy he told me about lives a good 6 hour drive from here and -"

"I ran into Becca tonight," I blurted out, catching her off guard. My plan was to wait to see what she would say but suddenly I couldn't. I needed to tell her now. "Travis showed up here tonight, he seemed determined to go out, so we did."

"Oh, well it's nice that he came to -"

I cut her off again. "We went to a country bar that the front desk girl told us about but Travis wasn't too impressed so we ended up leaving."

"Sorry to hear -"

"We ended up at a club I use to frequent when I lived here and -"

"I know."

"Travis wanted to..." I trailed off as I realized what she said. "What?"

"I know," she sighed. "Becca called me about a hour ago, she told me."

"She told you?"

"Yes."

Fuck! "So she told you....?"

Sara didn't say a word.

"Come on Sara," I begged. "Please don't go quiet now. Talk to me."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post!!!

mum said...

hhmm, wonder if Becca gave her any details? dont' think the call would have started off so friendly, and I don't think she would have been sleeping when the phone rang, she would have been upset. just my 2 cents.

mum

Anonymous said...

Do week have to wait until next week to see what happens!? But I want to see Anna and Josh's conversation too!! Angela, you really know how to keep us in suspense...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he called her. Will be interesting to see how she handles it. Sounded like she almost didn't answer at all. Nothing really happened & Becca didn't have all the details but still...

Anonymous said...

dump her dump her