Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spot Filler

After a pretty hot, but frustrating, make out session, I laid on my back while Sara curled up next to me. As her hand trailed over my chest, she turned to look at me. "I have a confession to make."

The way she said that she had a confession you would think that she was about to tell me some crazy, bad thing that she did.

"So...?" I lifted up on my elbow and gazed down at her. "What did you have to confess?"

"Well..." She bit her lip nervously as fingers on one hand danced against my chest. "I lied, a little."

A little? I laughed, "About what Sara?"

"About Anna, Scott and the job." She bit her lip nervously. "Are you mad at me?"

She lost me, I told her. I didn't quite understand how she could have lied about any of it; it wasn't as if I imagined the whole night.

Of course not, she replied.

"Why don't you explain how you lied - a little."

She seemed a little uneasy as she started to speak. "I didn't really lie. I mean, I didn't know for sure what Anna wanted you to meet Scott for but I had a good idea. I just didn't want to tell you in case it wasn't what was going on because I didn't really know."

I listened, in amusement, to her little rambling. When she was finished, I raised a brow and didn't attempt to hide the beginnings of a smile as I spoke. "You aren't very good at telling stories, do you know that?"

"Oh shush." She stuck out her tongue at me so I told her I had a place she could use it - she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"What?" I laughed. "Did you expect me to say something else?"

She pretended to think about it for a second before shaking her head.

"Good." I slipped my hand under her back and pulled her closer to me. "Now, tell me what you were talking about."

Still shaking her head, she pressed her lips together while trying not to smile.

"Are you going to tell me?"

Again with the head shaking. This went on a little while longer, I would ask her a question and she would reply with a shake of her head.

"I can make you talk."

In mid head shake, I reached out and took hold of her jaw. With my thumb under her bottom lip, I moved her lip as I spoke in a higher voice. "Oh Tanner, you are soooo hot! I can't wait to get you naked and under me!"

For some reason, she laughed hysterically at that.

"What?" I chuckled. "I'm not the one who said it, you were."

"No, I didn't."

"Sure you did, I heard you say you want me."

"Uh huh," she shifted until her arm was circled around my back as she stared up at me. "Like I was saying about the lying..."

Sara started off by telling me that she had been talking to Anna about stuff that's been going on with her for the last couple months. "She's an great listener," she told me. "I feel she understands where I coming from and she does have a lot of stories to tell to help me through some difficult moments."

"You talked to her about me?" I already knew that Sara had said something about me to Anna before just from what Anna said when she stopped by work to see me.

"Yeah," she looked away briefly before meeting my gaze. "I talk to Anna about everything."

"Everything?" I raised a brow. "So that little comment you made a few minutes ago - about wanting me badly? - she would know all about it?"

"Tanner!" She playfully shoved me as her cheeks turned bright red.

"Sorry, continue." I wasn't sorry at all. Actually I was plotting how to corner Anna to see exactly what Sara has said about me.

"Ok, so at some point we spoke about you, the girls and how you weren't really doing what you wanted but it was in the same field so you were ok with that. And..." she stopped to bit her lip and give me this look, as if she was waiting for me to get mad about something she said.

When I told her to go on, she took a deep breath and shrugged. "Anna wanted to know more about what you use to do so I told her what you told me about the restaurant and your educational background. I didn't think anything about it but later, after she had told me about how she met Scott, and then asked me to give you her number, I started to wonder if she was looking to recruit you for his new hotel."

"I see," I nodded slowly. "So you think I would be upset that you might have guessed what Anna wanted?"

"Well..." she shook her head. "Not really. More like, upset that I talked to Anna about you."

"And possibly got me a chance at my dream job?"

She nodded slowly.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I'm so ticked off - I think you are going to have to make out with me a lot to fix this."

Closing her eyes, she sighed heavily. "I guess if I have too."

"If you have too?" I pulled her against me and rolled over onto my back, dragging her on top of me. "You don't have to do anything - but I would like it if you did."

We were getting pretty hot when rapid knocking on her bedroom door interrupted us.

"I'm busy Billy!" She yelled out in between kisses.

He said something that neither one of us could make out. When she asked him to repeat what he said, he shoved the door open.

"Billy! Wha -" Sara stopped short of giving him hell when she saw that he wasn't his usual cheery side. "Billy?" She slowly moved off me and sat on the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?"

"I didn't mean to interrupt," he started. "But..." his voice cracked as he lifted his hand up and rubbed the back of his head. "I just thought you should know that Cal and I just broke up."

Sara was off the bed and at his side before I even realized that she moved. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Why?"

He shrugged, still not making eye contact. "I don't know, I thought we were doing great but I guess not."

"What did he say?" She wanted to know. "What excuse did he give?"

Billy turned his head her way but he wasn't looking at her. "He said he enjoyed my company..."

"What the hell does that mean?" Sara demanded.

"I don't know!" He snapped at her.

"Hey," I jumped up off the bed. "Don't talk to Sara like that."

"It's ok," Sara waved me away as she slipped her hand around Billy's arm. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I should've waited," he told her. "I didn't want to ruin your night."

Sara told him that he didn't and then asked him to give us a couple minutes. "I'll meet you in the kitchen," she told him. "Don't down the ice cream without me."

After Billy moped off, Sara turned to me and made a face. "I'm so sorry," she started but I stopped her.

"Go on, I'll just nap while you are gone."

To be honest, I didn't want her to leave but if she stayed, she would've been worrying about Billy. At least I had stuff to think about while she was gone. Like how do I tell Beverly that I won't be with her much longer and what it will be like to spend a month in the city with Anna.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG what?! A month in the city with Anna?? Ahhh these cliff hangers!

The only thing I wonder is why would Anna be in the city for a month? Maybe she'll be helping out at the hotel too???

mum said...

A month w/Anna....hhmmm why will she be there for month? Because she's prosecuting that freak who poisoned her???

Also, can't Tanner get a piece?? Jeez. I can't believe how patient he is being.

mum

Carmel Beauty said...

Me either MUM shoot it's been too long as it is and he is always having interuptions form somebody.

Anonymous said...

I agree, let Tanner get some already!!

MonkeySpeak said...

Yeeaa... Here is what I don't understand. Tanner is what... 30? How old is sarah? How long have they been together? A good couple of months now.... I dunno about other people on here but they would be doing more than "making out"

its just really unrealistic....

Im not saying they have to have sex... but they would be doing WAY more than making out. its not high school. but sexually, they act like they are in freakin middle school....

"omg! i held sarahs hand today and she.... let me make out with her for like... an hour... it was so hot!"

im not trying to be mean here but, cmon... think about it... i have friends who went through bad relationships but they have needs too... and they weren't that prude or immature about their sex lives.

MonkeySpeak said...

i guess i just don't know a 30 year old man who would describe a make out session as hot and be completely satisfied with that... over and over... for MONTHS on end... and no that doesnt make him a sleaze... it makes him human lol.

understanding someone wants to wait to have sex... understandable...

someone having the sexual mentality of a 13 year old.. DEALBREAKER

Anonymous said...

I'm gunna agree with my mantra is hamsa! This is the same storyline over and over again.

Anonymous said...

I haven't jumped into the details of their 'make out' sessions for the simple fact that every single time I have gone into things like that on my other blogs there have been comments about that being all they do - the sex stuff. Of course making out to them isn't the same as it was at high school levels, and Tanner isn't satisfied with it.

I know many guys who have pushed off sex for months if ther were other stressers in their lives that are keeping them up at night. Work is always one that seems to get in the way - rememeber Sara and Tanner work opposite shifts, they barely see each other that much. If I had Sara sleeping with Tanner every single time they hung out, here's betting people would be saying she was a slut with no self respect...~shrugs~

But I don't know...maybe it's time to hear Tanner's take on the whole situation...

I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Angela

DDgirl said...

great posts angela, and I hope you're feeling better!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but the progress of this story moves at a snail's pace. Tanner and Sara's relationship is moving slowly, his work life moves slowly, everything moves slowly. I think we need to pick up the pace a little in the storytelling.

MonkeySpeak said...

yea, when you aer stressed and you've been in a relationship for a few years you aren't jumping into the sack constantly... but the thing is... developing the relationship in terms of tehm making out is the same as them having sex. its kinda like don't write about it and let us assume that is whats going on... with out the details... they dont have to keep having hot make out sessions.

its hard to explain. im just trying to give constructive critism. its kind of like you rely on physical aspects of relationships - whether they are having sex or not. with this one... its the tension of whether or not they'll do it... with the other its them doing it all the time. in my relationship, the sex is amazing and its part of us... but i guess for example jordy and anna... their kidding around always has a sexual undertone - in a real relationship... its not always like that. not an adult one at least. all the climaxs (excuse the pun) have to do with some.. boy or sex drama...

is anna gonna be jealous again - will tanner finally get some (even when its about wokr there is still boy/girl drama)- will devon and janie get together and stay together. i think there is just more to life than relationships and would like to see what the caracters personalities are because the only side we get of them are... sex and relationships. and thats where the "High Schoolness" comes out.

MonkeySpeak said...

plus if you are going with the "i know guys who withhold sex when they are really stressed" well... lol they wouldnt be making out all over the place either if he was that stressed lol.

Anonymous said...

Relationships are a huge part of life. You can't go through life without them. And if there's a way to write a story blog about finding 'love' without relationships and sex, than I'll be the first to admit my surprise.

There are times when you can be in the mood to fool around but when it comes to actually having sex, it can 'disappear'. I've heard it, seen it and have felt it for myself.

I don't believe I rely on the sexual aspect of the blogs, considering that most of the story doesn't have anything to do with sex. Sure, it's a underlying thing through the blogs but like life, it's always in the background.

~shrugs~ it's not going to change - the stories - they are all in the process of ending so there would be no point, even if I wanted to...which I don't.

Dido said...

Are you going to completely quit blogging? Or are you ending these stories and starting new ones?! I really hope that you don't quit all together. I enjoy your writing!

Vikki said...

Hmmmm... This is gonna be good!!

Janie said...

Dido, I will be ending all three of my blogs and taking a break. I'm not sure when I will start up my next blog or what it will be about at the moment but I do know that I don't plan on stopping completely.

Anonymous said...

I've have never commented before but I have enjoyed this blog immensely but dragging them out the way you have isn't fair to either you or to us. Wrap them up in one post and say goodbye. Your heart isn't in it anymore and frankly it has gotten to the point that many of us don't care either.

Anonymous said...

Ok since Angela will be blogging off soon, is there any other good blogs out there?