Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Side Trip

"This is crazy!" Sara had a death grip on my arm as we sat in my car outside her house after meeting Scott and Anna at Mac's.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "This is huge. I can't believe it's happening to me."

"You deserve this," she told me with a grin. "This is so exciting!"

I couldn't help but laugh at Sara, she was so excited, she was actually bouncing in her seat. "Wanna go inside?"

"Yes," she nodded and turned to shove open her door. When I came around the front of the car, she launched herself at me. "Tanner, I'm so excited for you!"

The surprise impact of her body slamming against mine made me stumble backwards. I would've been ok, I wouldn't have fallen over, if it wasn't for the little edging of driveway. The moment my heel hit against that, I felt myself falling backwards so I gripped hold of the only thing within reach - Sara's shirt.

There's no way that you can make a trip backwards look cool. It's a given, you are going to look like an idiot and people will laugh. But when you happen to trip in your girlfriend's front yard and happen to take her button up shirt down with you? Fuck, you'll never get the high pitched squeal out of your head - ever.

My ass was hurting. My head felt like it split opened. But the truly mortified look on Sara's as she wrapped her arms around her chest was the only thing that seemed to matter.

"Sara..." Her eyes widened and slowly turned towards me when I spoke. I wanted to get up, take her in my arms and led her into the house like a 'good' guy would do but the pain that shot up through my back prevented me from doing anything. I went to apologize to her, I even held out her shirt as a sort of peace offering just in case she was upset.

"My shirt!" She squeaked as she quickly reach forward to grab her shirt from my hand.

"I'm sorry," I winced as I tried to move again.

Her head was lowered as she held the ripped shirt to her chest in an effort to cover herself. I thought she was really embarrassed about what happened, until I noticed that her shoulders were shaking. "Sara, I didn't try it."

Lifting her head, she stared at me for a second before she tossed her head back as her laughter filled the fairly silent night. "Oh..." she held her hand over her stomach as she laughed. "Th -" With her other hand, the one that was holding the remains of her shirt against her chest, she extended her finger towards me and in her shaking laughing voice, she told me that what I did was funny.

"Shut up," I groaned while rolling onto my side.

Sara came over to me and knelt down. "Oh Tanner, are you ok? Is there anything I can do?" She reached out both hands towards me, forgetting about the shirt that she was holding to her in the process. I swear that all the pain I was feeling disappeared the moment the black material fell from her chest.

"Yes." I said to her breasts. "Help me inside."

It took a lot for Sara to get me off the ground. Mind you, I didn't make it easier on her. I have to tell you, there for a few minutes, I was debating pulling her down on the grass next to me so I could bury my face in her neck, chest or both.

"Don't even think about it," Sara warned. So that killed that for me. She helped me into her house and onto her bed, so don't feel too bad for me.

After a pretty hot, but frustrating, make out session, I laid on my back while Sara curled up next to me. As her hand trailed over my chest, she turned to look at me. "I have a confession to make."

9 comments:

Tanner said...

You know, it's funny, the entry always seems so much longer when I type it in the 'new post' section ~l~

I hope you are all having a great day.

Angela

Dido said...

Thanks for the post - hope you are feeling better. Still dying to know what happened with Scott & Anna...in case you forgot?! :)

Carmel Beauty said...

OKAY! CONFESSION I HOPE IT'S GOOD!

Linds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am a little disappointed. We get less posts and this has nothing to do with the last post that is a few weeks old. Now the week is almost over. I hope we get some wrap up before it rotates to the next story.

Amanda said...

Is there a schedule for postings?

Anonymous said...

come on guys give her a break..she has a life to live be it sick or healthy. as much as i lok forward to the posts i do understand...looking forward to more.

mum said...

Angela "the Queen of the cliffhanger"....ugh. You kill me girl. You reel me in and then totally leave me hanging. Anxiously awaiting the next post!!! mum

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I wonder if she's going to confess that she knew what Anna wanted to talk about all along. Or, something jucier, like she's ready to take their relationship to another level... physically speaking. Tanman needs some action!

C