Sunday, September 2, 2007

Spur Of The Moment

I stayed up once I posted here on Friday, I didn't want to go to sleep, I was bored with sleep. Ever since I've been sick that's all I've been doing. Hell I've barely been outside of my room all last week. It wasn't so bad when Sara was visiting me but when she was at work it really blew. I've come to realize that I've been depending on her way too much, I thought it was time I did some stuff that didn't involve her.

Just before seven I had showered and gotten dressed, I was on my way out when mom happened to come down the stairs to ask me what I was doing. "Just going out," I told her. She thought I was going to meet Sara, she told me to tell Sara she said hello. I didn't bother to correct her, I didn't bother to tell her that I wasn't even sure if Sara was going to stop by after work that morning. I just walked out the door and down the street.

I didn't have a plan for where I was going, I just didn't want to be locked in my room any longer. I thought about heading into town for breakfast but I didn't really want to drive anywhere so instead I started to walk, not towards the highway but back towards the end of my street, back towards the park.

From the park I could see my parents' street. In fact, from the park, if I were seated on the top of the slides, I had a clear view of my parents' front door. When I was a kid I would often come down to this park to hang out with my friends. As I grew older, it would become a place associated with more 'adult' play than what the park was originally designed for; sex, drugs and rocknroll were all parts of my teen aged years in this park.

Sitting on top of the slides, I stared off in the general direction of my street. I wasn't sure how long I was there but finally I saw a familiar car. At first I wanted to jump up and take off running, hoping to catch her before she got to my house but I hesitated, even though I knew it was childish of me, I was mad that she refused to tell me what she was doing that night. SO I stayed on the slides and watched her turn into my driveway.

From the distance, I couldn't really see the finer details but it looked like she was carrying something as she walked up the steps to the front door. I would be willing to bet that mom was surprised to see her and that Sara was equally surprised to find out that I wasn't home. When she turned to walk towards her car again, I noticed she was no longer carrying the bag, I wondered what was in it and why she left it with mom.

I watched her drive away. I still wanted to take off running to stop her but the jerk in me stayed seated on the slides.

I waited until mom and dad left for the store before I headed back to the house.

The bag Sara left was the first thing I noticed when I walked into the kitchen, there was a note from mom laying on the table beside it. I ignored both as I headed through the kitchen to the living room and finally upstairs to my room.

I spent a couple hours playing 'Devil May Cry' on the PlayStation before throwing the controller down. I headed back down stairs to the kitchen where I was going to grab something to eat but I spotted the bag Sara left. Fuck this! I thought. I grabbed the keys to the car and I walked out the door.

I didn't have anywhere to go so I drove around for a while but soon I was sick of doing the same old laps in town so I started to head back towards the house, only once I was on the highway, I fly pass the turn off and continued going.

Hours later I found myself in my old town, parked in front of the empty spot that used to hold my restaurant before it burnt to the ground. It had only been a couple months but things already seemed so different. I didn't know what I was doing there and I was feeling bad about not being home when Sara stopped by, I was going to turn around to head back home or at least back to Lakeland to see Sara but as I drove down the street, I spotted Chapters.

With a smile on my face, I whipped my car around the turn off and into the bookstores parking lot. It had been a while since I've been in Chapters, I thought as I made my way in through the main doors. I wonder if -

"OH MY GOD! TANNER!" I turned towards the Starbucks coffee shop located to the right of the entrance just in time to see a blur of pink and blond as it crashed into me, sending me stumbling backwards against the wall. "I missed you!" Mandy shrieked while wrapping her arms around my neck. "It's about time you came to see me!"

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

this blog is definately dissapointing compared to your others.

Anonymous said...

Then don't read it if you find it so disapointing....

Miss Asia said...

I wonder who the blonde in Pink is...Is Mandy an ex? I hope Tanner doesn't do anything stupid.

Hadley said...

I disagree with Anon 6:07.

I enjoy this blog...keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I wish we never found out this story was being written by a woman. Thinking it was a man's point of view put a different perspective on it. I don't know what it is but it just seems weird knowing it's not a guy!

Anonymous said...

I think the blog is great.

I'm glad Tanner didn't rush off to see Sara, I think they both need a bit of space. If she wants to go out with friends, it is none of his business, and he definately shouldn't be rushing home when she hadn't confirmed that she would be visiting.

As far as the girl in pink, I think he will be able to contain himself. When he had the restaurant, he was with his ex with the boob, so I can't imagine that he would have another on the side.

Lady said...

Angela,

I don't know about anyone else, but I love the idea that you have the versatility to write from a WOMAN and a MAN's point of view. A lot of the readers have expressed that they thought it was a man writing this, and that right there should tell THEM that you are a great writer. You never said that you were a guy or that this was real, so you haven't done anything wrong. I love the fact that you are writing this. It just shows that you are more than just the expected writer. I applaud you!

One of your most loyal readers,
Lady

Revee said...

I love this story! I read the whole story starting from the beginning in one day. I can't quit checking back for updates.

Can't wait to see the continuing saga of Tanner & Sara.

Thanks!

The Middle Child said...

Geez Tanner, don't fuck it up with Sara! Just because you guys had a little argument doesn't mean it's the end of the world! What did you think everything was always going to be perfect? Not a chance in hell. Get away from the other girl and go find Sara, like a good boy.

The Middle Child said...

And to add:

I like this blog just as much as the other two. I know it is written by a woman, but when I read it I forget that, it is written so well from a guys POV that I totally forget it's Angela.

Keep up the good work.

Have a great vacation!!

ctiger said...

I was disapointed that it was written from a woman..................BUT i got over it cause it is written by such a great writer that she can do a guys POV. Angela you have an amazing talent and you should write professionally. Get paid big money for what you enjoy. Keep up the great work. And i love this one just as much as your other two. How can you write three? I can't even manage to get one started. LOL.