Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Spill The Beans

I woke up Saturday morning in a place I couldn't remember, with a hangover that made me wish I was dead. I tried to roll over onto my side but every time I went to move, I felt like someone was shaking the shit out of me. I felt like I was going to throw up. "Oh kill me now!" I groaned.

I heard what sounded like giggling coming from beside me and I swear my heart almost stopped, I may have been hungover but I knew Sara wasn't with me - I didn't 'wake up' like I normally did when she was next to me.

It seemed to take all the energy I had to turn my head in the direction of the giggling but the second I saw Mandy staring at me as she rested her head on the pillow next to me, I jumped up in bed. "oh," I groaned, my hands flew to my head to stop it from floating away.

"Wow you are grumpy in the morning," Mandy was way to cheerful. "Cheer up," she poked me in the side and I damn near puked.

"Don't touch me," I moaned as I turned away from her.

"Huh," she grunted. "That's the same thing you said last night."

If I wasn't on the verge of puking, I would've asked her what she was talking about but instead I stumbled off the bed and down the hall in search for a bathroom.

"Through here," she appeared at my side and opened a door. I have no idea what she said next, I stumbled to the toilet and collapsed onto the floor, my head over the bowl as everything I had the day before came back up.

I believe in the middle of puking, I passed out. I believe this because I don't remember anything from the moment I starting throwing up to the point where Mandy prodded me with her foot. "Stop it," I growled while trying to bat her foot away from me.

I managed to regain control over my body once again. With some help from Mandy, I got to my feet and made my way over to the sink. Fuck! I look like crap! I thought as I stared at myself in the mirror. If Sara could see you now...of FUCK! Spinning around as fast as I could, it felt like I was going in slow motion, I turned to face Mandy, my stomach dropped when I saw she was wearing my shirt.

"No!" Slumping against the counter, I lifted my hands to my head. No! Please tell me I didn't! Sara is going to kill me when she finds out!

"Tanner?"

Don't you mean 'if' she finds out? What she doesn't know won't hurt her and it's not like we are dating!

"Tanner?"

What are you saying you fucking moron? Of course she'll find out! You can't keep this from her! You would be no better than the bastard if you didn't tell her about it!

"Tanner! Will you say something!"

But she'll never understand and that will be the end of 'us'.

"TANNER!"

She means too much to me! I won't let you fuck this up for me!

"What?" Mandy was staring at me like I was crazy.

Frowning, I stared back at her. "What?"

"Who means too much to you? What do you think I'll fuck up?"

"What?" I repeated, did I say that out loud?

"Tanner will you tell me what's going on?" Mandy stepped closer to me. "You show up here acting like someone I don't even recognize, you go out and get plastered, spill your beer on me as you try to get into my pants only to pass out after taking your shirt off to offer it to me." Mandy crossed her arms over her chest. "We've been friends for a long time Tanner, I think it's time you tell me what's going on! Who has gotten you this worked up?" She paused and slowly a smile spread across her face. "And when do I get to meet her?"

I tried to tell Mandy that I didn't know what she was talking about but she just laughed at me. "Tanner! Tell me! Don't make me call Luke!"

"You can't call Luke!" I snapped at her. "If he finds out about...this..."

Mandy rolled her eyes, "I'm a big girl," she told me. "I don't need my brother watching my back! Besides I'd be more worried about what your girlfriend will think about you spending the night here!"

"Sara isn't my girlfriend!"

Mandy raised a brow at me, "That's what is bugging you, isn't it? Sara is resisting your charm!"

I ended up telling Mandy everything that has happened with Sara before I left her place on Saturday. She told me that I just need to give her some time but...how much time does she need?? I'm getting tired of waiting...

Oh and guess what? Mom tried to 'ground' me when I finally got home on Saturday! She told me that I wasn't allowed to go anywhere but work. "I don't care how old you are!" She yelled at me when I told her I was 29. "You left without telling anyone were you were going and you didn't even bother to call me when you weren't going to be home! Do you have any idea how worried I was? Do you have any idea how upset Sara was when you weren't here?"

"Mom she didn't tell me she was coming over! How was I supposed to know she'd show up?"

"How were you...?" mom shook her head. "Tanner that girl has been over every single day since you've been sick!"

"Look mom I'm sorry I didn't call but are you seriously going to try to 'ground' me?"

Mom glared at me, "Don't think I can't," she snarled at me. "Go to your room," she pointed towards the stairs. "I'm so mad at you right now, I didn't raise you to be inconsiderate!"

"Fine," I headed towards the stairs only because I didn't want to argue with my mom, it just didn't feel right.

"And call Sara!" She hollered after me.

I didn't call Sara though, I went to my room and crashed. I didn't wake up until some time early Sunday morning. After going down stairs to get something to drink, I went back to bed and slept until just before I had to work Sunday.

I thought I would get to talk to Sara at work but it was a stat and she had the night off. I tried to call her Monday but she wasn't home or wasn't answering her phone.

Sunday was supposed to be my stat but since I forgot about it, I was given the chance to take it Monday night, so I won't see Sara until tonight.

I hope she's not too mad at me but I have a feeling I'm going to be in the doghouse for a while.

11 comments:

Carmel Beauty said...

I have that same feeling

Vikki said...

Ditto on the dog house reservation!

Unknown said...

Tanner you idiot! At least you didnt sleep with Mandy!!! LOL good post as always! :)

ctiger said...

I agree with all the above. And what was in the bag? Your mom was right though, i am sure she didn't raise you to be inconsiderate. Just talk to her.

Chris

Anonymous said...

OK - I think until Sara finally admits she and Tanner are "together" I don't see why he owes her any explanation. If she wants to know where he is at all times and who he's with, then she needs to be ready to commit to a relationship. She can't expect Tanner to sit around waiting for her to show up....or not!

Miss Asia said...

Glad you didn't mess around with Mandy!

Miss Asia said...

And what was in the bag??

MonkeySpeak said...

Im kinda with Anon 137 on this one. First they aren't together. Yes she has feelings for him, but he went out, he actually didn't DO anything and they are accusing him of something before they know anything. I WOULD be nervous if I were sara, but acting crazy would only push a guy away, whether he did anything or not. Also, is his mom insane? Grounding him? Im in my mid 20s, I moved back in recently because of how high rent prices are in my area and im trying to save up. I don't come home sometimes. My parents would NEVER ground me. Maybe they would say you could call or text us, but never ground me. Im an adult, they don't have control over me when I live on my own. They respect my individuality and BECAUSE of that I will usually let them know whats up. Tanner's mom needs to chill out and back off. It's his life,, hes thirty, shes meddling WAY to much.

The Middle Child said...

Doghouse for sure! Girls hate it when they can't find 'their' guy or get ahold of him. You'll be lucky if she ever comes back over. Even if you didn't sleep with her, you were still in her bed all night and Sara is NOT going to like that. You say you two aren't dating, yet you feel the need to be faithful to her, I bet she feels the same way. Hopefully she forgives you. Don't tell her you did it because she wouldn't tell you what she was doing with Billy, it's not fair to put this on her and make her feel guilty. Be a big boy.

I'll stop lecturing now!

Anonymous said...

Why should he be in the doghouse? And is he suposed to just sit around and wait for Sara to come over even after she dismisses him to do what she wants??? I don't think so

Revee said...

Until Sara admits she has feelings for you, I don't think she deserves any explanations. Plus you didn't do anything.

I can't believe your mom grounded you! You really need to get your own place.

I'm dying to know what was in the bag as well.