Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Strange Doesn't Even Describe It

I have a feeling that this week is going to go down at one of the strangest weeks of my life.

I should've known that Crazy wasn't going to let it go with joining Sara, Billy and me, uninvited, at our table in the staffroom and be ignored the entire time. No, that would've been too easy. I guess in Crazy Land ignoring people means, 'I like you'.

Or maybe it means, 'Please follow me into the men's bathroom', because that's what she did last night!

That's right, the fucking lunatic decided that it was cool to follow me into the bathroom just after first break was called. But that wasn't the worse thing! I didn't even know she was there until I was in the middle of doing my business at the urinal! I happened to glance over my shoulder for some reason, maybe I felt like I was being watch, and I saw her standing there, staring at me with a smile on her face.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" I shouted, turning back on to her, almost spraying the floor as I did so. "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!"

She laughed, she didn't say anything but she started to move towards me.

"This is the MEN'S room," I snapped at her while trying to finish off and zip up before she came too close. "You shouldn't be in here! You're not a man!"

"Do you want to check?" She was standing next to me now, her eyes focused on my crotch but thankfully I managed to close up shop before she got there. "Oh damn," she pouted. "Why did you put it away?"

"Because it's not for you!" I snapped. "Get the hell out of here and leave me alone! How many times do I have to tell you that? Are you really this stupid?"

"I'm not stupid," Crazy leaned against the sink I walked over too, she watched as I washed the black ink and dirt from the boxes off my hands. "I know want me."

"Yeah, right!" I shook my head, laughing at the sheer stupidity of that comment. "I want you as badly as I want to get in a car accident. Leave me alone Crazy."

"Ohhh," she put one of her hands on my arm, moved in closer to me. "You gave me a pet name," she smiled. "I bet the skank whore Sara doesn't have a pet name."

"You need some serious help," I yanked my arm away from her. "It's not a pet name, it's a description of what you are but I'm starting to think that 'batshit crazy' would be even better." I turned towards the door and grabbed the handle. "Don't ever say shit like that about Sara again and leave me alone."

I was pissed, I don't know why she thought I was interested in her in any way. Why would a girl think that a guy who doesn't talk to her, is interested in her? It doesn't make any sense at all. Guys don't do that! If I'm interested in someone, they'll damn well know I'm interested! No fucking around with the mind game bullshit!

As if it wasn't bad enough that Crazy followed me and pissed me off when I was planning on talking to Sara about us, Sara and Billy just had to be walking back towards the staffroom when I swung the door open so hard that it slammed against the wall.

It was like time slowed down - the door slammed against the wall, Sara and Billy turned to look behind them, I froze as my mind was screaming 'you've got to be fucking kidding me!', and Crazy swooped out of the bathroom behind me, saying something that made all the color drain from Sara's face.

I have no idea what she said, all I could hear was this buzzing in my head and the 'oh fuck! oh fuck! OH FUUUUCCCKKK!' in my head.

"It's not what you think!" I blurted out, reaching forward as if touching Sara would make her believe me.

"Of course it was Tanner!" Crazy laughed, "Why lie about what just happened?"

"What happened?" I spun around. "Nothing happened!"

"Tan-ner," she whined, stomping her foot as well. "Why do you deny it? Why can't you admit that you enjoyed what happened in there?"

"I can't believe this," I groaned. "I took a piss!" I snapped at her. "That's the only fucking thing that happened in there! And you know it!" Turning around, my eyes slid to meet Sara's. "You know I wouldn't do that."

She wasn't happy at all, her whole stanch screamed 'fucking pissed'. She stood with her arms crossed over her chest, she wasn't smiling. "Do I?" She raised a brow and said one more word. "Claire."

FUCK! I had totally forgotten about Claire. "Ok, so I did...once! But that was completely different. I was different."

"It was twice," she said softly as she glanced at Billy. "Let's go." She turned away from me.

"Sara wait -" I grabbed her arm, stopping her but she didn't turn around. I sighed. "I swear nothing happened Sara. You know I wouldn't do that when I-"

She looked over her shoulder at me. "You don't owe me any explanations Tanner, you are single, you can do whatever you want with who ever you want and it's none of my business. Besides, I -"

"I didn't do anything with her!" I cut in but she continued to talk.

"...know it takes longer than that to get a guy off."

"What?" I stared down at her. "What?" I repeated, I wasn't sure if she was saying what I think she was saying.

Sara looked pass me to Crazy who was busy staring at her nails as if she was bored with the conversation. "You must really think I'm stupid if you thought I would believe that anything happened between Tanner and you."

Crazy faked a yawn, "You are stupid."

Sara laughed, "Well at least I'm not crazy," she said as she started to walk away with Billy. "Are you coming?" She glanced over her shoulder at me.

She didn't need to ask twice, I took off after them as fast as I could, hoping that Crazy would leave me alone now.

But she didn't, she followed us to the staffroom and sat down in Sara's chair, which was next to me, forcing Sara to sit elsewhere. I think she was trying to piss Sara off since the whole thing at the bathroom didn't work out the way she wanted too but Sara didn't say a word, she just grabbed her stuff and sat down across from me, next to Billy.

I have to admit, I didn't know Sara had it in her to remain so calm when Crazy was doing her best to provoke her - saying mean things under her breath about Sara, being rude and cutting her off every time she spoke and when Sara did happen to say something, Crazy would laugh and tell her that what she said was stupid.

I wanted to flip on her but Sara kept giving me this look and shaking her head. I was biting my tongue and after the longest 15 minutes in history, I was afraid that I had bitten a piece of it off.

We all went back to the floor, I tried to talk to Sara about what happen but she just smiled and told me everything was fine. I didn't believe her but what else could I do but go back to my department.

Ten minutes later, the phone in my department rang, the extension that showed up on the screen was Infants. I picked up the receiver, "Hello?"

"I don't hate too many people Tanner but that crazy bitch is one of them!"

I leaned against the shelf next to the phone. "Why didn't you say anything to her Sara?"

She sighed, "You wouldn't understand Tanner."

"Why don't you try me? I might surprise you."

"It's going to sound stupid," she warned me.

"I don't care," I told her. "I want to know why you didn't stand up for yourself, or let me say something."

"Tanner it's better not to say anything."

Ok, I didn't understand. "What do you mean?"

"Well," she took a deep breath, I couldn't help but wonder if she shrugged as well. "People like Crazy need to put others down to feel better about themselves," she explained. "If you argue with them, they will just go on and on, getting more and more upset but if you just let them say what they want..."

"Sara you know she'll only continue saying stuff if you let her get away with it; ignoring it won't stop it."

Silence.

"Sara? Are you still there?"

Sniff. "Yes."

"Are you crying?"

Sniff, sniff....

"Sara please don't cry, Crazy doesn't deserve the tears."

"I'm not...sniff...cry...sniff...ing cause of...sniff...her..."

"Then why are you crying Sara?"

There was silence, except for a few shaky breaths and some more sniffing on her end.

"Sara, honey, come on, tell me why you are crying."

Her reply was spoken so softly, I barely heard it. "I miss you Tanner."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

say it together with me guys ..."AWWWWWWWWWWWW" ...lol

The Middle Child said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, how sweet, she misses him! YAY! Now lets see if they can get along without one of them messing it up!

Vikki said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lady said...

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a feeling something was about to happen. I guess this is the first step to her finally admitting that she does like him as more than a friend. I mean there was the whole "touching" thing, but then she started giving mixed signals. I guess we'll see how this goes...

Oh yea, Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! I am not an advocate of men hitting women, but for Crazy...I'd make an exception!!!

Mehreen said...

That was sexual harassment and he did not have to take it. He should have peed on her. I was getting so angry I wanted to deck her! But Sarah might not take to kindly to that given her past...still, that took all kinds of self control that I just do not have.

MonkeySpeak said...

lol im going to be a bitch here, but im sorry, sara needs to go see a therapist - really now, i like her i do, and it would be great for them to get together and i know its hard to get over your issues, i REALLY do (a lot better than many) but that also means I know that if she can't move on on her own she needs professional help. lol. i know its fiction!!! but cmon, she is almost two faced with the situation, every entry she changes. sigh.

Carmel Beauty said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I also agree sara needs some HELP!

Revee said...

Tanner needs to file a sexual harassment suit on Crazy!

I think Tanner and Sara will get through her problems together.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

LOVE IT!!!

GG

MonkeySpeak said...

i dunno, you can't rely on your partner to get you through your issues - generally itll drive them away. obviously its fiction lol. so in our happy fictional world it can happen. BUT real life, when a partner has issues, especially emotional baggage, where they can't trust, takes a huge toll on the relationship until eventually it crumbles. i just am speaking from experience. trust issues are trust issues and there will always be that seed until you get help getting past it. just my opinion. im not tryin to be downer debbie (wwwaaa wwwaaa omg i love that skit)... its just an issue the blog brings up that touched close to my past.

ctiger said...

That was a great post other than CRAZY being in it. I am so glad Sara finally said something to Tanner. And Tanner really needs to file a compalint against Crazy. No one should have to take any of that.

Chris

Anonymous said...

LOL! I agree that Tanner should have pissed on Crazy! Cannot wait for an update!!