Thursday, October 4, 2007

All The Small Things

She missed me, I was ecstatic. How could I not be? I've been waiting for two long horrible weeks to hear that she was at least thinking about me in some small way.

She missed me. I wanted to scream it out and do a little dance.

But instead, I smiled. Grinned. Whatever you wanted to call it, it never had been so big and it never had been so hard to stop it either.

She missed me!

"I miss you too," I told her and yes, I meant it! I missed her touch, her scent. I missed falling asleep with her and waking up to find her clinging to me as she slept. I missed all the goofy conversations we had and believe it or not, I missed all the 'pulling my hair out, I want to scream' conversations too. But most of all I missed her smile, something I haven't had flashed in my direction for a while.

"Did you want me to come over there?" I asked her, ready to drop everything before she changed her mind.

"I do," she gave a small laugh and then sighed. "But Tanner we both have so much work to do, I don't think you should."

I wanted to argue that point but she was right, it was a two truck night and we both had a lot of work to do; she had 8 skids in Infants and I had 12 in Pets, we would be lucky if we got through it all, without hurting ourselves, before the night was over.

"I'll see you in a couple hours for Lunch," she said before she hung up the phone.

The second I hung up, I made a beeline over to Toys, skipping across one of my empty skids as I went, permagrin, still on my face.

"Hey," I said to Billy as he returned to the skid he was working on.

"Hello," he glanced at me and did a double take. "Wow, what's got you so happy?" He asked then laughed, "Wait, don't tell me," he leaned against his skid. "It has something to do with Sara."

I nodded, "Yeah she just called me and told me something good."

"Oh?" He raised a brow. "Must be nice, she only calls me to tell me to go help her riser - what did she say that's making you do a creepy impersonation of the Cheshire cat?"

Placing my elbow on the closest box, I leaned in. "Well," I was speaking in almost a whisper as if everyone would overhear if I spoke normally. "See she was crying and -"

Billy backed off, "You made Sara cry? You know I'm going to have to hurt you, right?"

"No, I didn't make her cry, she was crying becasue..." I trailed off.

"Why was she crying?"

"I guess because of me..."

Billy motioned for me to come closer, and me, being the brillant guy I am, I did it. He slapped me up side of my head. "Hey!"

"Don't think I won't do it again," he told me. "Making girls cry," he shook his head, "don't you know that's only cute when you are a little kid?"

"I didn't make her cry!" I snapped at him. "At least not that way! I thought she was crying becuase of what crazy was doing in the staffroom but she said she wasn't crying becuase of that -"

"Then why?" He cut in.

"Well if you shut up long enough, I would tell you that she said she missed me!"

Billy rolled his eyes, "It's about damn time! I told her over a week ago that it was crazy that she wasn't talking to you. I just hope this means you'll both stop being so damn cranky!" I went to say some thing but Billy started to walk away from me, muttering about the insnaity levels in straights being higher.

Sara and I tried to have a decent conversation at lunch but Crazy was back doing the same stuff she did at first break.

I wanted Sara to come over after work or go out for breakfast but she had stuff she had to do at home; she has had a few different appointments in the last couple days: one was for her mom - she went so her mom didn't have to drive herself, apparently her mom doesn't like to drive that much - the one yesterday was a dentist appointment in her town and this morning after work she said she had a doctor's appointment in town.

"I could come over after," she told me. "If you aren't asleep by the time I get finished."

I told her it didn't matter what time she got out, I would be waiting for her.

She just called me from the doctor's office to tell me that she was on her way.

Do you know what the best part of Sara's visit today? She's staying with me until we have to go to work tonight!

9 comments:

Vikki said...

YAY!! First comment!!

I am soo glad that Tanner and Sara are getting to hang out. Can't wait to read what happens next!! And Sara has the will of a saint cause that crazy girl and I would have been going at it by now.

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaay!!!!!!11

*Happy Dance*

Anonymous said...

hahah! i thought he would be running and jumping over boxes to get to sarah to tell her he missed her too!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, please please please post today!!! I have to go out of town this weekend, so if you post anything I won't get to read it until Monday and I might explode if I have to wait that long!!

LOL, Love this blog! And I'm loving Tanner too...and he started off as a pretty big jerk!

Anonymous said...

For Ken to have been so abusive and controlling he sure has seemed to let go of Sara rather easily. I'm not saying I'd like to see him back in the picture but after all I just don't get the story line and how some people just drop out of the picture without closure. Like the neighbor girl who was vey persistent. People like her and Ken just don't "go away".

Tanner said...

They are not gone, they are not forgotten either. Everything happens for a reason, just think about that before assuming people have just gone away...

The Middle Child said...

Awwwwwwwww, how sweet!!!

ctiger said...

oh happy day. LOL. Can't wait to read more. Guess it will have to wait til Monday or Tuesday. Oh well very worth the wait.

Chris

MonkeySpeak said...

its cute to see "tanner" act that way. i wonder if guys really do get like that sometimes. especially at 30. i mean, i dont think its unrealistic.... haha. i think its adorable... i raelly do actually think they do get like that we just never get to see it. ya know, like, they don't jump up and down and squeal like we do, or do a little jiggy dance (my friends call mine the monkey dance, i do it when iget overly excited, but only close friends see it cuz, yea, a girl in her mid 20s doing some retarded dance is not for public eye) but, sometimes its just really cute to think that when you tell your guy you miss them, or wish they were there, or hey guess what i can spend the weekend with you, they might just say, "yea thats be awesome" but on the other side of the line they are doin their own "monkey dance" :) sigh