Thursday, October 11, 2007

Moody Blues

The second he told me to get off, I jumped back. My mind was going a million miles a second, I couldn't help but wonder if he thought I was hitting on him or if he was pulling my leg; on all that is holy, I swear I was hoping he was kidding around, I didn't need him to think I wanted him.

Fuck! I damn near gagged when I typed that! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's great and all but I'll be damned if I ever find another man attractive! It's so goes against everything I stand for!

But yet, I'm his friend. Does that make me a fucking hypocrite or what?

Sara was laughing her ass off when I jumped back from Billy. "What the hell are you laughing at?" I snapped at her.

"Tanner," she came over to where Billy and I were standing still and went to touch me but I jumped back from her too. I hated that she was laughing at me.

"It's not funny," I hissed through clenched teeth.

"Tanner!" She stopped laughing, little lines were forming on her forehead as she frowned. "Come on," she reached for me. "Billy was only playing with you..." her eyebrows rose as she realized what she said. "I mean..."

But I didn't want to hear it, "I have work to do," I mumbled, leaving them where they were standing as I walked away.

I fucking HATE being laughed at. It's right up there with being ignored. Fucking pisses me off!

So for once, I was the reason the mood was spoiled between Sara and me, I was cranky and non responsive for the rest of the night.

"Are you really going to sit there and ignore me?" Sara and I were in her car, since she drive us both to work the night before, we had planned on her taking me home in the morning. "Please don't give me the silence treatment Tanner, I don't like it."

"If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me."

She sat there for a while, she was looking at me, I could see her out of the corner of my eye. "I need to grab some stuff," she fumbled with the door handle for a moment before crying out in frustration. "Fucking door!" She punched it, the sound of cracking filled the silence. "Fuck! That hurt!"

I turned towards her, I hadn't heard her speak like that before, it really surprised me. But it was the way she held the hand that she hit the door with, that made me feel like an ass. "Let me see," I held out my hand to her but she ignored it. "Come on, let me see your hand."

"No," she whispered. "It's fine."

"Yeah right," I went for her arm but she pulled away. "Sara! Let me see your hand!"

"I feel really stupid."

"Baby you aren't the only one," I gave her a smile which she didn't see. "Your hand Sara." Slowly, she turned towards me, holding her hand out; her eyes glistening in the early morning light. As gently as I could, I took her still curled hand in mine. "Can you straighten your fingers?" I asked.

Her whole hand shook as she did what I asked, straightening them for a moment before they curled back again. "It hurts Tanner," she whimpered.

"I know it does," I asked her to straighten her hand again. Holding her hand straight in mine, I examined it, I wasn't an expert or nothing but I figured that if she could move it, it wasn't broken, so I told her that. "It doesn't seem like you broke anything but," I looked up at her. "I think you should take something for the pain."

"I have Advil in my bag," she nodded to the bag in the backseat. "I could take those, I guess."

"Yeah, but I was thinking of something a little more like this..." despite feeling like a fool, I lowered my head and gently kissed her hand. "Does that help?"

Her voice cracked as she said 'yes', I looked up in time to see her turn her head away from me, wiping her free hand against her eyes. I thought that was a good thing, so I kissed her hand again, smiling at the intake of breath. "Any better now?"

She nodded and then laughed, "I'll probably still have to take the Advil though."

Sara dropped me off at home, I didn't want her to go but she said she really needed to get home. "Well I see you tonight?"

"I hope so," I told her but I knew that it really depended on what Travis was planning for the night. "If I don't see you, how about I call you tomorrow?"

Sara smiled, "That sounds good to me."

"Good," I leaned over, kissing her on the cheek. "Take care of yourself," I whispered. "And don't go beating up any doors while I'm not around."

She drove away after promising me that she would be careful.

5 comments:

Mehreen said...

Hope Sara's not developing some violent tendencies...

Vikki said...

Aaw so sweet!

Melissa Robinson said...

ahhh tanner kissed it and made it better. You know Angela, I really didnt like Tanner or Sarah much at first, I mean they seemed rude or something, but I LOVE The way you have developed them into awesome characters who are just as prone to fall as the rest of us, it makes them so much more real.

The Middle Child said...

Awwwww, too sweet those two!

MonkeySpeak said...

I wonder what sarah is up to... something seems sketch to me? anyone else?