Sunday, January 13, 2008

Here For A Good Time

"I don't think it would be wise right now," was her reply to my request for her to join me in the training room so we could talk.

"Why not?" I asked her as we walked, side by side, back to the back of the store. "Why don't you want to talk to me?"

"Tanner." She stopped; her hand rested on my arm as she tilted her head back to lock eyes with me. "It's not that I don't want to talk to you, I just don't think that we should get into us while we are working." She started to walk only to pause a couple steps later. "We should talk though," she threw me a look over her shoulder. "There are so many things that need to be said."

As much as I hated to admit it, she was right, it probably wasn't the best idea to get into everything while we were working. So I waited.

Seven o'clock came, my co-workers were hurrying out of the store, eager to put as much distance between themselves and work as they could. Me? I was standing in the entrance of the store, supposedly waiting for me car to warm up, but truth me told, I was waiting for Sara to come by to see if it was a good time to have that talk.

It took ten minutes for Sara to come strolling towards the doors. They opened for her, she made the move to step through, looked right at me and paused. "You're still here?"

"Yes," I pushed away from the candy dispenser lined wall I was leaning against. "I thought now would be a good time to talk. Unless," I raised a brow. "Did you have something you needed to get home for?"

"No, no," she shook her head while stepping from one foot to the other. "It's just that...well...where should we have this talk?"

"We could go to my parents house," I offered but she immediately shot that down; said that it wouldn't be a good idea. "How about we go get some breakfast?" Sara made a face. "What's wrong with that? You don't want to spend that much time with me?"

"No, that's not it Tanner. I guess," she shrugged slightly. "I just think that it would probably be best if we had our conversation in private, but, I am kind of hungry."

"Ummm...." I had nothing.

"Why don't we..."

I waited but Sara didn't say anything for a while as she toyed with her bottom lip. "Sara?"

"Hmm?" She glanced at me. "Oh!" She grabbed my arm. "Why don't we go back something from A&W and then..." she shrugged, "I don't know what after that but it's a start, right?"

Since I didn't have an idea, we went with hers.

We walked towards the parking lot, she told me to go ahead, that she'll meet me at A&W when her car warms up.

"Why don't we just go in my car?" I asked her. "It shouldn't take too long to grab the food; you could start your car and it'll be warm by the time we get back."

I thought she would argue with me but she surprised me - she went to start her car. "I'll be right there," she called over her shoulder.

The ride to A&W was pretty quiet, it was only a five minute drive, so it's no wonder. We went in, ordered a couple eggers with hash browns and orange juice, then I drove us back to work.

"I guess we should talk now," she reached into the bag to pull out a bacon egger and held it out to me. "A meal and a chat in the car," Sara grinned. "Sounds like a good time to me."

5 comments:

Mehreen said...

They must live in a safe neighborhood if she can leave her car on and unattended in a parking lot! I don't want to be nitpicky, but I noticed a lot more typos in this entry than usual that made it a little hard to read. It must be hard to keep track of all your blogs though!

Anonymous said...

only entry in a week and we didnt even get to "hear" their conversation....
Still a good blog but kind of feels like it is slipping lately.

just an honest observation, not a criticism at all.

Keep up the good work.

Oh and I especially can't wait for an update of VFTC!

~T~

Vikki said...

I wonder what Sara has to say... Can't wait to find out...

Anonymous said...

nothing really here...

Anonymous said...

ugh, she's so annoying. endless discussion about where to have a discussion.