Thursday, October 30, 2008

Aftermath

While Anna was in the middle of her ranting, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was just Travis so I didn't stop her but when she finished, the 'any suggestions on how I get it there?' let both of us know it wasn't Travis who overheard the conversation.

Scott stared down at Anna as he hovered next to her chair. He repeated the question when she didn't answer but it didn't look like she had any intentions on saying anything. "I see," he said finally before turning to me to ask how I was.

Despite feeling like someone beat the shit out of me, I told Scott I was doing fine - I didn't want to talk about how I was feeling. "I just want to get out of here."

Scott nodded, mumbled something about understanding and then told me to drop into his office as soon as I could. "I'll need you to give a full report of what happened," he told me before turning back to Anna to ask her to step into the hallway with him. "

Reluctantly Anna got up from her chair. "I'll be just outside," she told me. "Call me if you need anything."

With Anna gone, there was no one to keep my mind off the pain - I wanted to call her back in just so she would do the endless chatter thing that she did so well. But I didn't because I started to think about how good it was to have her there, caring for me and that got me thinking about Sara.

Sara. I sighed. I didn't know what to think about her behaviour anymore. I really thought she was into me, just a little cautious because of the Bastard but now I wasn't so sure. I hadn't heard from her since the night I went out with Travis. She failed to return my calls. She never answered when I called. Was it time to move on?

"Hey Tanman!" Out of nowhere Travis appeared and after a quick once over, he started to give me shit. "I come to the city to party with you and you check into the hospital? What kind of brother does that?"

"I got into trouble with out you," I joked and attempted to laugh but ended up wincing in pain.

"Anything for the attention," he remarked with a smirk as Anna, who had just returned without Scott, hurried to my side.

"He's alright," Travis stated when Anna asked me how I was feeling. "I told you he would be alright, didn't I?"

Anna gave him a funny look. "Don't you mean, I told you?"

"No," he scoffed. "You were the one freaking out -"

Anna snorted. "Me?"

"...freaking out and lying to the nurses about being his girlfriend -"

I raised a brow.

"Hey, I only said that because they wouldn't let me in otherwise!"

Travis was just grinning as he corrected himself. "Wait, didn't you actually spill some tail a romantic weekend and a proposal?"

My eyes widened as I turned to stare at her the best I could without hurting too much. "What?"

"They wouldn't let me come in," she said defensively. "I was worried."

"So you told them we..." I couldn't even say it.

"Yes!" She exclaimed as she moved to swat at Travis for laughing at her. "You don't know how horrible it was!" She turned to me. "You rolled down over the stairs and there was a loud crack when your head hit the wall! I thought you were really hurt." Lifting her hand, she brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I needed to know you were ok, and I would do it all over again if I had too!"

With that said Anna excused herself. Just as she disappeared, Travis pulled up a chair to my bed. "God she's so hilarious when you get her going."

"You're such an ass," I chuckled before agreeing with him.

"It's so easy to push her buttons," he commented with a grin. "All night I had it going about one thing or another. Why, while we were in her room -"

I stopped laughing and felt a sudden desire to kick my brother's ass. "Why were you in her room?"

"She invited me."

"For what?"

He shrugged.

"What did you do in her room?"

"Hung out."

When I asked him again what he did in her room, he got all defensive and snapped, "I didn't do anything Dad, so lay off."

"How is everyone in here?" An older blond nurse came waltzing into the room so I didn't get to ask him anything else.

"Great," I hissed through clenched teeth as she hit every single sore spot on my body as she checked things off her clipboard.

"Good," she gave me a smile and told me that the doctor would be in to see me soon.

"How soon? I really want to go home."

"Well, he starts his rounds at 5 so..." she glanced at her watch and told me it was 4:20. "Just relax, get some sleep and before you know it you'll be back at the hotel with your fiancee." She flashed me a smile and patted my arm. "Congratulations."

When the nurse left, I groaned. "Not even two hours ago, I was standing at my room door. Why the fuck didn't I go in?"

"You're a Fucker."

"Just shut up."

"Make me, Pussy."

I laughed, "I can still kick your ass Travis."

"Yeah, right!" Travis laughed. "You can't even drag your ass off that bed Tanman."

"Oh yeah?" I tried, it hurt like hell but I managed to sit up in the bed. "Better run, I'm going to..." I felt very dizzy suddenly.

"Tanner!" Travis' laughter died as he leapt from the chair. "Don't you dare fall out of that fucking bed!" He helped me lay back down, cursing the entire time.

"What's going on?" Anna reappeared at the side of my bed. "What are you trying to do to him?" She snapped at Travis as she rearranged the sheet over me. "Are you ok Tanner? Do you need me to get the nurse?"

"He needs you to stop smothering him," Travis snapped.

"I'm fine..." I still felt a little light headed to tell the truth.

"Don't." Anna batted Travis' hands away from me as she tried to put some distance between him and my bed.

"Don't tell me what to do," Travis started slapping her hands whenever she touched me. "He's a big boy, he can tell us when he needs something."

This went on for a couple minutes, Anna was getting more and more frustrated but Travis seemed to be enjoying it. "Stop hitting me!" She finally snapped at him.

So what did he do?

"Anna watch -"

SWACK!

Anna yelped and spun around. With one hand rubbing her butt, she gave him the dirtiest look ever. "Don't you ever slap my ass again!"

Travis shrugged nonchalantly. "Ok," he replied but I knew the look in his eye, he was planning his next slap.

"I mean it!" She poked him in the chest. "Don't do it again."

"Ok."

Glaring at him one more time, Anna turned back to me. "Are you sure you're ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just getting tired."

"Oh, then maybe we should...." she glanced over her shoulder. "Don't even think about it!"

Travis held up his hands and tried to look innocent.

"I'm not that stupid."

He just grinned.

"We should let Tanner get some rest."


"Yeah," Travis glanced at me, looking sorry. "Before mom shows up and smothers you even more than Anna."

"You called mom?" I was pissed. I hated having mom worry about me for something so stupid.

He pointed to Anna. "She made me! Told me if I didn't call her, she would and she would let mom know that I didn't think she needed to be bothered."

"Your mom is listed as an emergency contact Tanner, I had to call her." Anna didn't even listen to me when I tried to explain that mom over worried and I didn't want her called unless something serious happened.

"This was serious! You could've broken your neck or worse Tanner. What would've happened if I didn't call her and it turned out differently?"

"Umm," Travis leaned closer to her. "I believe I called her."

"Only because you refused to let me near the phone."

"You were freaking out! That's all I needed mom to hear when she woke up, some crazy chick crying as she told her that her son took a flight down the stairs on his head."

"Guys stop it!" I had enough. "When did you call mom?"

Travis looked at Anna. "Was it 3? 3:30?" She nodded.

"Great," I sighed, closing my eyes. "I'm going to need more sleep before I can deal with her."

"Ok, we'll be quiet." Anna reached for the chair next to the bed.

"No," I glanced back and forth between the two of them. "Can you guys go? I'm alright so there's no need to stick around."

Anna didn't want to leave Travis ended up almost dragging her out of the room. "Call me if you need anything," I heard her call as he pulled her away.

I fell asleep almost immediately.

The doctor came in around 5:30 but I was still half asleep, I had no idea what he said.

My parents showed up 6. My mom cried and ran across the room to give me a hug when she saw I was awake. She squeezed me so hard, it hurt but I didn't really notice because in the doorway, almost hidden from my view by my parents, stood Sara.

3 comments:

Tanner said...

Good Afternoon Everyone.

No Anonymous, Tanner wasn't fired. Anna's 'awkward' comment had to do with helping him drink while laying down, not his work.

You all know that I write a lot and some days in my blogs can take a couple entries or more. Tanner's parents were called, I just didn't write up to that part in the last entry because I had other things I wanted to get in there. I'm setting some stuff up on this blog for future use, so I'm sorry if I don't get to everything in one entry or if there are lots of questions. But like always, feel free to ask me about anything you wonder about. I'll try to answer the questions without giving too much away.

I hope you all have a great day.

Angela

Unknown said...

Angela, I love all your blogs but I have to ask....why is everyone in Tanner's life so dang annoying?

His brother.....I just wanna beat the crap out of him!

Anna....WOW she's so annoying in this blog.

Sarah....her constant worrying and mixed signals irks the hell out of me!

haha I know that the drama makes for good reading, which is why I keep coming back for more =^). If I could change anything, it would have to be anna in this story....she definetely comes across differently in someone else's eyes.

Anyways, love your blogs girl!

Anonymous said...

Angela,

I love your blogs too. I check them everyday for a new post and get so excited when a new one pops up. Thank you so much for continuing to keep us all entertained. You are excellent at it!