Sunday, May 4, 2008

Whirlwind Girl

Just before close last night, the side door opened and I swear to God, I was ready to kill whoever it was.

Oh fuck it, it has been a long and painful week for me. I have been working the front of the restaurant as well as doing my normal management duties ever since I told Beverley what Kay and Cindy had did to me.

At first Beverly didn't want to believe what I was saying, she knew the girls since they were babies so it was hard for her. She told me she would look into it and after talking to both of the girls, Carmen and a few others that apparently knew about it, she called both of them into the office and fired them.

I can't say I was sad to see them go - especially after I found out just how far they planned to go with their claim that I was inappropriate towards them.


"We are closing," I called over my shoulder as I moved from cleaning the coffeepot to the milkshake machine.

"That's ok," a female voice called back. "I just stopped by to see why you haven't called."

"What?" I turned my head so fast, I got a shooting pain going up through the right side of my neck. "Son of a bitch!" I hated when I did that.

"Are you ok?" She had come around the counter and I felt her hand on my shoulder. "Do you need to sit down Tanner?"

"No, no." The black spots had all disappeared and the pain had lessened. "I'm ok." I shrugged off her hand and flashed her a smiled. "How are you Anna?"

"Feeling ignored." She pouted slightly before laughing. "Nah, not really. You," she reached up and tapped her finger against my chest. "Were suppose to call me."

"Oh?" I wrapped my hand around hers and leaned down to her. "I have a girlfriend."

"That's ok," she purred and stepped a little closer, her free hand slipped over my chest. "I'm not interested in you Tanner but my friend, Scott, is."

"What?" I pushed back from her; so sure that I misheard that. "WHAT?"

"My friend Scott - Sara and I think you should meet up with Scott. In fact," she playfully slapped my arm. "he should be in town right now! You have to meet him."

I had no idea what she was talking about; my mind was still on her male friend being interested in me. "I'm not gay," I blurted out.

She found that hilarious. "That's great Tanner; I'm sure Sara is very happy about that!"

"Why would I want to meet him?"

"Well," she shrugged coyly. "You aren't working tomorrow night, are you?"

I shook my head.

"Good!" She turned and went back around the counter. "Be at Mac's around 8 tomorrow night and you'll find out."

She didn't give me time to refuse or agree, she hurried towards the doors, saying something about having to meet Scott. "I'm late already!"

10 comments:

Mehreen said...

Wasn't he the guy who worked at the hotel in the city? Hm, curious...

Unknown said...

Oooh this is getting interesting and I agree I'm very curious about Scott
I wonder if he'll be making another appearance in Anna's blog.

Anonymous said...

hmm...scott is back in the picture?

mum said...

I think Scott IS the guy from the city. This is a surprise for me. I thought I remember Angela commenting a while back that she was going to intertwine the blogs. Oh, well, maybe she changed her mind. I'm loving both blogs.

mum

KBear said...

yep. i think he's being set up to help run the hotel restaurant:)

that's the reason for her big jump in vftc - well, not so big. just a month or two. no biggie. it's cool to have them tie in like this

Vikki said...

I can't wait to see what happens next!!!

Anonymous said...

Duh, it just hit me that Scott is the son of the OWNER of the hotel she stayed at with her nieces. He is INTERESTED in Tanner but not in a gay sense, but to offer him a J-O-B! Now it makes sense

Anonymous said...

I love that these blogs are tied together! Maybe we'll start seeing Janie and Amber pop up somehow as well?!

Love where this is going!

Carolyn

mum said...

fyi...Anna and her boyfriend just arrived at Scott's hotel. (Check out View from this Chair.) Let the fun begin!

mum

Hadley said...

Anna is so flirty!

It's interesting to see her through another character's eyes.